Please remove flying from the game

Or at very least, do not add flying to Shadowlands.
Whether they realize it or not, people enjoy the game much more when there’s no flying involved. Just to name a few places, timeless Isles, Argus and the Maw are great zones in part because of the no flying. C’mon Blizzard, make it happen.

Moderator: Edited to remove “Blizzard” callout from title. Using words like this to call attention to your post is a violation of forum rules.

14 Likes

Maybe YOU do but other people don’t. So NO. Also tomorrow is Sunday.

83 Likes

I think this may be the first time I’ve read someone saying Argus was a great zone.

35 Likes

Lol I avoid zones I cannot fly in and do the bare minimum if you don’t want to fly don’t fly

22 Likes

Your bait is a bit old and stale, but this is a nice little fishin’ spot so you’ll probably still get a few good bites…

23 Likes

First time I’ve ever seen it most people I know HATES Argus.

2 Likes

You don’t speak for me. If you don’t like flying, don’t fly.

Let the rest of us do what we wish.

17 Likes

It is I wish they added more to Argus during its time, maybe a fourth zone

1 Like

Thanks for trying to think for me, but you’re dead wrong. Flying can’t get here soon enough.

You will still have the maw to have the joy of being permanently grounded. Enjoy!

16 Likes

Let’s be honest there’s a good chance whatever zone(s) they add in 9.2 will also be restricted.

2 Likes

I don’t think mob-heavy zones with next to no safe paths through are the greatest designs.

But flight shouldn’t be the “fix” for that. I generally agree that flight isn’t good for the game. I understand why people like the convenience it brings, but I’ll never understand the people who talk about quitting over how its handled. It’s a travel tool. One that might as well be fast travel to every quest location. You skip over every possible interaction that isn’t your current objective. That’s not good for the game, and there’s no actual gameplay to be had in the process of skipping between objectives. So why is it such a big deal to people?

Again, I get it. It’s convenient. I acknowledge that. But why people get so passionate about it beyond that, doesn’t make sense.

3 Likes

What will happen when people avoid the zones in majority because there’s no flying?

Are you going to ask Blizzard to force them to zone in because your immersion is being destroyed as no one wants to play?

4 Likes

I don’t really see why players expect “safe roads” — every single spec these days has “get out of trouble” abilities and it’s rare that just being on a path ends up with so many mobs you’re going to die.

1 Like

No.

Don’t speak for me. I enjoy the game much more when I can fly. I’d like to be able to use my flight form again.

7 Likes

If you actually want to be productive you should formulate an argument with as much supporting evidence as is possible.

If you’re just venting then carry on.

1 Like

Sunday is tomorrow…

1 Like

But what about his immersion where he feels that the ground is empty and you should be forced to play with him?

1 Like

How about my immersion where I pick him up with my talons and drop him off the edge of Ardenweald?

18 Likes

Get out of here Ion, you’re drunk.

4 Likes