Please remove authenticator group restrictions blizzard

I am a US citizen in a foreign country living and working. I play WoW, and cannot use the authenticator because I have cell phone problems. I have played since Cata with no issues. Now I cannot even make groups to run my Mythic Plus keys. This is ridiculous. PLEASE just let the authentication code be sent to the email address I set my account up with.
This email method works for my BANK, and for my CREDIT CARD and every other service I use out herein the world: Why is it only this silly game that does such a thing?

73 Likes

How about no

51 Likes

how about why

6 Likes

Because it’s doing what it should do, a few inconvenienced people is much better than group finder being spammed non stop with WTS.

60 Likes

You can make groups without an authenticator.

You can’t customize the text in it.

21 Likes

Because it makes things difficult for boost sellers, and they are the reason this change was made in the first place because they were spamming the group finder with ads 24/7.

8 Likes

how will this possibly stop boost sellers

8 Likes

blizzard should have made a separate section called Services or w/e for both LFG and trade channels. that way anyone who doesn’t want to see the endless trade spam or listings in LFG wouldn’t have to see them by not opening that LFG section or by turning off that “Services” in chat.

forcing the sellers to only use those sections shouldn’t take too long after some timeouts/bans

5 Likes

You only need to authenticate once and then that computer is saved and won’t need to be authenticated again.

7 Likes

Stop doing group content. I’ve been playing without group content for 17 years, and it’s more fun than playing the old fashioned way.

3 Likes

The restrictions are in place to stop the advertisement spam.

Which has worked.

So no, the changes should not be reverted.

You can still make groups without issue in LFD. You just can’t use custom text.

12 Likes

LMAO.

lmao.

3 Likes

There are plenty of options and ways to apply an authenticator to your account you literally have nothing to stand on here.

2 Likes

oh, so i CAN make a +15 PF mythic plus in LFD? but how do i advertise the key

2 Likes

I sympathize with your situation but I disagree that the authenticator thing should be removed. Its intent is to help stop the “WTS” in LFG, that coupled with the level requirement and I see no WTS currently. I can’t chalk up all of that too these two things but it certainly helped.

I can agree to get a code sent to email as an alternative though.

Look in your local LFG. WTS adds are down dramatically. Again, it might not be all because of the above changes, but there is a reduction so far.

2 Likes

no, they wont let meuse email authentication. It is literally ONLY cell phone now

3 Likes

I just had this argument with her in another thread, even citing a green post on the subject.

It fell on deaf ears.

The details of the group are auto filled based on the group creators keystone.

I don’t get how my own BANK is fine with email authentication, and somehow Blizzard is NOT.

It makes no sense.

The email you used to set up your account can get authentication codes. No one else can have that.

7 Likes

You can use a computer to receive an sms, and you can run the authenticator in BlueStacks, you quite literally have nothing to stand on here.

1 Like