Please remove arena map rotations

Was OK to try out in season 1, but after almost 2 seasons of it, I think we can conclude that it is generally disliked. I personally cannot stand it and wish we could just have the entire map pool open again.

Also… please remove Blade’s Edge Arena from the game. Thanks

29 Likes

whats even the purpose of the rotating map pools anyway, did they ever say?

2 Likes

Agreed. Unsure what the goal actually is with map rotation anyways.

Edit: found it.

Idk. I feel like it’s better for everyone if maps have less impact on games.

4 Likes

i think the idea is to break up match up rock paper scissors

example;

warlock losing to a melee cleave 10 games in a row
warlock team gets a z axis map
matchup goes from 70-30 to 60-40

or

melee cleave constantly losing to wizard cleave
gets hook point
melee cleave suddenly can win the unfavorable matchup

i don’t think it’s a good solution at all
would be nice if they retired blades edge and mugumballsac though

4 Likes

Keep rotations let every team veto 2 maps play from the remaining pool.

2 Likes

Mugumbala at least has a hype RP announcer.

Blades Edge can burn in the deepest pit for all I care.

2 Likes

I agree it’s not a good solution, because I don’t think it addresses any of that very well. There’s certain weeks that favor one or the other as far as map type probability goes. It’s really just extending the streaks, but swapping sides every week. If you get rid of map rotation entirely, your examples would still hold valid anyways, with less unfavorable probability. And if one firmly believes the map is a large contribution to your W-L ratio, one could just not queue on unfavorable weeks. It arguably has the opposite effect.

Also, nobody asked for map rotation. They asked for annoying maps that promote cheese mechanics to be removed from competitive rated play. All map rotation does is ensure you’ll see these more often.

1 Like

Don’t understand why robodome isn’t on the shuffle list

8 Likes

I like it tbh. People forget what maps look like and how to play on them. A limited subset each week means after just 10 or so games I remember what to do on each map I see

feel like this doesn’t even achieve that goal, but that does make sense

delete this brotha, mugambala goated

To make it seem like they’re actually doing us a solid, when they’re really just wasting everyone’s time with something no one asked for.

We want REAL updates. Not whatever tf they’re doing with this rotation map thing.

Actually hilarious coming from them when they haven’t given us a new BG nap in half a decade, and they could barely squeeze out 2 new arena maps, which they don’t even let us use them all

it’s also dumb that sewers/robodrome/hook point/ashamanes/empyrian aren’t enabled for shuffle

3 Likes

Same. Wish they’d just delete every map but Nagrand and call it a day. Maps impacting the game is actually so dumb.

Why not just add the rng tornadoes back in and whatnot?

The thing is, Blizzard actually believes this is a good system, which is why when they introduced that fugly shadowlands broker map, they wanted to have interractable pillars. Like… why?

1 Like

Maps throwing a bit of a wrench into matchups doesn’t seem unacceptable, although perhaps there are a few maps that may have a bit too much influence.

1 Like

I swear it could be if the bottom pillar was split into two instead of one long one

makes so many lock/wizard comps so insanely difficult

1 Like

true, the z axis gateway is lame af

If that’s the route we’re pushing, I’ll ask for Tiger’s Peak.

I don’t really think map diversity is a bad thing. Just prefer them not to be as influential in the outcome.

Regardless, I don’t think this rotation is doing anything but annoying players.

The more, “interesting,” they try to make a map the crappier it is. just stick to some open space with 2/3/4 pillars but these ultra congested maps are just dumb af. Maps where youre instantly on top of each are also dog crap. Would rather see the maps just reskin then new maps added. All maps with z axis are pretty much garbage with the exception of tigers speak. Stick with the goodies man and keep it relatively similar in format when making a new map. Id rather have nagrand reskinned ever xpac than to get all these dumb maps. with stupid ramps and z axis and all the other garbage. Nokhudon would be infinitely better if the starting ramp was a pillar and the middle wall was gone. Robodrome would be a way better map if the ramps were just pillars too. Maps like blackrook, hook point, dalaran sewer, blades edge are all just cancer maps.

If they just made the map flat and the pillars next to the stairs are still there. Then the map is waay better, but id also before turning the big pillar into two pillars along with this. The stairs are just so dumb and have starting rooms people can stay in always a stupid idea for a map. All maps should be a very large opening from the starting gate. Maps like black rook and this are so stupid having a small door and big starting room.