Please redesign Dancing Rune Weapon

Dancing Rune Weapon should have 2 charges.
Dancing Rune weapon should be spawned at target location 20-30 yards away but instead of meleeing, it should shoot beams in the same way Denathrius’ sword works. It can shoot normal attacks and powered attacks based off the skills the DK casts.
DKs should be able to swap locations with the sword.

This makes the skill fun to use and makes BDK an option for RBGs.

Thanks.

You do realize its a defensive CD with offensive capabilities right? Emphasis on the defensive part.

2 Likes

Yup. And this change makes it a movement skill too.

They will never do that.

1 Like

It’s a boring ability that could certainly use some updating.

But that’s just not the way.

3 Likes

I’d like a talent to add weapons. Like Army for unholy, only weapons. Let me summon 10 swords with it. That would be fun to see.

1 Like

Y’all are creative, I dig it.

What else we got?

I would like to see weapon swapping not disable Runeforges for 1 minute

I literally used to carry 4 swords in my backpack (with cool transmogs) that I would juggle as the combat dictated.
It would be nice if Runeforges were just stances and we enchanted our weapons like everyone else.

This is not going to happen.

I like it the way it is. I don’t want 1000 features baked into it. It’s 40% parry and a slight dmg/hps boost. What more do you want out of a cooldown? There’s also a legendary that makes it even better, and fixes one of our big issues, which is not being able to apply Bone Shield at range.

IMO, the largest thing holding blood back from RBG relevance is the lack of mobility. This is fine because that’s kind of the whole DK theme to be Jason and Friday the 13th down some mofos. But until they find some way to give it some mobility it’ll never even have a chance. I think Dancing Rune Weapon is a reasonable place to put it that has a fair bit of risk/reward attached to it since you’re spending a defensive/offensive cooldown for mobility. The strength of the cooldown can be modified so it can be made into a 30 second cooldown with 2 charges kind of thing.

It would also make the DK more active as tanking in general in WoW has not been much fun. At least for me.

Ehh I doubt they’ll do anything about tank relevance in PvP in general, blood or not. Players don’t like tanks in pvp, mainly fighting them, and Blizzard has gone out of their way to make tanks unappealing to play in PvP. Blood DK was probably the worst offender when it comes to unfun specs to fight against lol.

That being said, there is a PvP talent that halves the duration of DRW, while also halving its cooldown. Adding extra features to it as it is currently might make it kinda OP, while nerfing the features it already has to accommodate new changes will piss a lot of PvE players off. :man_shrugging:

Make abomination limb replace dancing rune weapon. That covenant ability is so much fun to play, I hope it never goes away.

1 Like

keep its effect as current, add a passive "automatically block/range incoming physical attack (melee/range) once every 9 seconds.

That sounds a little complex

Rework DRW to be our mastery.

Attack power.
Percentage chance to summon a dancing rune blade to mimic your next attack.
Additionally, the next attack made against you has a XX% additional chance to be parried.

Moving forward into next xpac.
Replace Gorefiends Grasp with Abomination Limb.
Bone Storm baseline
Replace Bone Storm on the talent tree with Transfusion.

2 Likes