Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

No no no no and no. That’s the last I’ll say on this. NO.

1 Like

That’s what I mean. They’ve taken things and made them easier or brought back old things. Causing nothing but sadness for players that put in the real work that was required to originally acquire said item.

Maybe you still have rare items that you care about. Maybe you’re just not as bitter as I am. But, I lost the one thing I care about. You may not think it’s that big a deal, but it was to me. And I now feel nothing should be “special”. Nothing!

None of that takes away your accomplishment though, if anything it makes it even better.

Burning the whole world down out of anguish is the sign of a lunatic. Not that I am calling you one. But I really hope you understand that calling for BOTH current and classic to be worsened in such a manner over lost uniqueness is just absolutely silly.

Of course you sound like you are trolling or being sarcastic so I am done here.

1 Like

I did mean what I say, but I did say it in a joking manner. My previous post proposed a way to have it without it negatively impacting the Classic servers. They could have separate servers where transmogs are obtainable. I also don’t think it worsen live in any way. If anything, it would make collectors more happy.

Let Classic stand on its own merits. So a no vote from me.

2 Likes

How about this - no transmog unlocks until after you kill KT, then you can unlock whatever you want.

I’d legitimately be willing to do the entire vanilla raid grind again, if I could earn the Cryptstalker set appearance as a reward for doing so. It would be no less difficult than doing it in 2006, and requiring a full clear before you can unlock the appearances would eliminate the effect of ninjas.

Given that caveat, where is the harm to the community?

The harm to the community would be all the people who went “pfft, clear the most advanced raid in this easy old game, I know how WoW works, that’ll be easy!” and hung around, acting martyred about having to walk rather than getting a cheap mount in their third day of playing, treating anyone they went to dungeons with like bots and raging when kicked, and generally reducing the quality of life for all the rest of us for however long it took them to realize their fantasy wasn’t going to happen and finally quit.

I suggest you go to the Retail Suggestions forum (or whatever it’s called) and post asking for them to add an armor set with the Cryptstalker set appearance to some BFA dungeon, raid, or reputation (are there other standard ways of getting gear now? I pride myself on my lack of personal experience with anything above level 85, and wish I could say 80 there). I can practically guarantee you that’s something you’re far more likely to get than bleeding between Classic and retail.

3 Likes

all T3 is avaiable via the BMAH , as has been since they put it in the game.

2 Likes

Okay then. Whatever a BMAH is.

(No, I don’t care enough to ask, not if it’s a modern thing.)

Black Market Auction House. It was introduced in MoP. 1 piece of every possible T3 piece, except the rings is available. You can only make bids on the BMAH and T3 starts at 10k gold.

1 Like

my bad, Black Market Auction House. But thats my point too, it would be way inefficient to farm transmogs in CLassic, when adding them to current would be waaaaaaaaaaay more efficient, and it would be in the version all that stuff was made for.

where is the dislike button when you really need it?

1 Like

I’d be okay with it as long as it’s added after classic has been out for a good, long while. It could be a useful tool in helping the population once it inevitably tapers off in a few years.

On classic side not as much, on retail side, you’re taking away from the achievement or those who did it back then

how? you still did it, they cannot take that from you, you would have done it when it ‘mattered’, if that is what is important to you.

The point being that certain things were a one time around event. Like aq opening.

Or what about with the unarmored mounts at 60. Are those coming back? Even temporarily?

I though they said thats where they were starting with the mount system.

Oh the AQ opening will still be a big deal, all you would have to do is look at the dates, well in the case of the Classic ones, the lack of one. Since more people will get the mount and title this time.

Diablo™ forums.

Shrug. I hadn’t seen anything one way or another on unarmored mounts so yeah.