Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

Thank you again for proving my point. If the intent for CE pets or Murky is to relive the experience you had those things in Vanilla, yet there’s obvious means to negate that intent…then your argument holds no water. All the more reason to ensure the games are separately entirely.

2 Likes

Once again, you choose to cherry pick only the part of a Blue post that you think supports your agenda and disregard the parts that do not support that agenda in the hopes that people will be fooled.

Here is the entire quite again:

You are correct that they have not made a firm decision at this point. Until they do, I will be here asking that they not even give the appearance of a precedent for linking the two games. I will be here asking that they not allow those CE pets or Murky to be part of Classic unless it by means of “reoffer” through a Classic only CE.

3 Likes

Well, there’s a blue post saying you’re wrong, and that it’s a good point. Have a nice day. Enjoy my posts about this subject.

They will, bud. Have fun.

I don’t think that makes quite sense as I believe it’s going to be the other way. Gold in retail is relatively easy to make. I easily can get a token pure month playing sparsely. While I feel adding tokens in Classic is not a good thing, I can’t even imagine how much they would go for. Right now a token in around 110k gold, thats like what 200g on classic?

That remains to be seen.

Judging from the blue post, I would not hold my breath waiting for those CE pets in Classic.

1 Like

What? The Blizzard post that says you should try to separate in your mind retail and classic? That something you get one one game shouldn’t give you access to that thing in the other?

Starman…I get tired of saying this. But your trolling is beyond obvious. I REALLY wish Blizzard would return our ability to ignore obvious trolls again on the forum.

1 Like

The blue post said:

They haven’t spoken about it yet, NEGATING anything about tying the two games together wrt CE pets.
It’s an interesting point.
They’ll pass it along.

You know what they didn’t say?
They didn’t say ‘no’.

i would only buy a code now if I had won the lotto or something, people have had trouble even getting the code to work and that was a few years ago i read that.

Honestly I could see this happening, but like the more likely outcome is a new CE with Classic versions of them with digital goodies for all the other titles.

Typical that you ignore the other part of the post.

One of these days you’re going to learn that someone disagreeing with you is not trolling.

The problem is that allowing those pets, brings the entire “account wide” collections system into the picture, by virtue of the fact that those pets are part of that system, especially Murky which is NOT an account wide flag, but Starman still wants to include.

Person asks me, “Hey Mogar…ever think about covering yourself in peanut butter, grabbing a beehive and running naked through the streets?”

I reply, “I’ve never thought about that…”

Person replies, “See, he’s considering it!!”

5 Likes

Mogar, give it up. I’m standing my ground.

Do you mean the Blue post from Ysithiens that specifically says:

" I would try to seperate in your mind retail and classic. Something you buy on retail shouldn’t give you something in Classic, or vice versa. The philosophy is pretty rock solid that they are separate gameplay wise. If you obtained the original CE pets you used those/can still use those in the live game you obtained it for."

and

" ***It’s likely we won’t implement something that ties into the existing things you own on the live game, but maybe reoffer them since Classic is it’s own thing.***"?

Ahh now i see the issue. Yeah no.

I will stand my ground, as well.

1 Like

Fantastic, stand your ground. Play chicken with that train. I’m sure it’ll swerve first.

Yup. That.

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

Thanks, visualizing that was a good chuckle :joy:

1 Like