Please reconsider your stance on retail/classic reward linking

Again with the slippery slope argument…

No. No items should be shared between retail and Classic. CE pets are the exception because they’re flagged to your account.

For example: if you start a new toon in vanilla, you got to choose a pet. You didn’t get to use mog or mounts that another toon got in vanilla. But the pets you did.

How would it be negative? The auctions have always been dominated by the top 1% of the populace, who set the prices for everyone else. If it isn’t transmog greens, it will be arcane crystals and arcanite reapers. Having the ability to have transmogs show up in retail from classic would motivate more people to play - isn’t that the whole point?

I went to the first Blizzcon. I had Murky in Vanilla. Do I get my Murky in Classic? Or am I not special enough?

You just said you’re not going to be playing Classic anyway, so why does it matter?

2 Likes

There’s a lot more than just CE pets “tied to your account”.

3 Likes

I have Murky. Was that vanilla or BC?

And for all the wrong reasons…

4 Likes

no changes.let the ninja looters loot.just dont invite any rogues in you raids.

The reason when you started a new toon in Vanilla and didn’t get to choose a mog or a mount was because transmog didn’t exist. Account-wide mounts didn’t exist. So…what is your point here?

I didn’t have a Vanilla CE, but I had a TBC one. And if the day comes Blizzard releases such a server and I play on it, I absolutely should NOT have the pet that came with it. That game I bought still exists. For better or worse, it’s called BfA now, and I take out my pet any time I want.

3 Likes

No it’s not. The only point of Classic WoW is to recreate a version of WoW that doesn’t exist anymore. Blizzard has already said that whether 10 people or 100,000 people play it, it’s not going anywhere. So getting as many people as possible to play it is not the point.

5 Likes

You’re missing the point. The ONLY vanilla item that you got on every character you created on that account was your CE pets.

So they are investing a ton of time and money to develop a version of the game that they don’t care if people play or not?

Sounds legit. :smiley:

Seems like the only people who are against CE pets are people that don’t have them. Just goes to show how special they are.

Vanilla - at Blizzcon they were demo’ing both the start area for Blood Elves (BC) and the latest raid release (AQ40).

1 Like

Interesting. I thought Murky was BC.

Ok let’s think about this - should Murky be a part of Classic? “Authentic experience” and all that.

I would think that yes, Murky should go to Murky owners.

November 4, 2017 - Eurogamer interview w/ J. Allen Brack.

Are you expecting players to come back to vanilla WOW and properly invest in that game, or just have a look around for nostalgia’s sake?

J. Allen Brack: Both, I think. Once that starts, there’s a commitment on our end that we’re going to continue maintaining those servers for as long as there is a World of Warcraft. I think there will be people that come and do the nostalgia trip, they go to the Barrens and find Mankrik’s wife, and then they’re done. That’s fine. Some amount of people, however, are going to create a new Classic community and that’s what we’ll be providing.

Those people don’t just want the old gameplay features, they want the constant social connection. And so we can’t just support it for a couple of months and then if it’s not working out, ditch it. There has to be an assurance that you can build this character, build this guild, build these friendships, and the server will continue.

Guess it is legit.

3 Likes

It’s always amusing when the people arguing that slippery slope is a fallacy are the ones tumbling down the hill, demonstrating its very real existence.

1 Like

i would much prefer if you guys sold a CE for classic that gave pets. i never got my vanilla CE because even though i pre-ordered and payed for it from best buy they sold it at the midnight release and when i went to pick it up during the day they said too bad we have no copies left.

Please show how I’m arguing for CE pets, AND mog, AND mounts. I explicitly said no to them. Nice try.

1 Like

Oh don’t get me wrong, I believe it (I should have said so). It just doesn’t make good business sense. Why spend money to create something and not incentivize it? How does it compromise the character of the Classic version of WoW to have rewards there show up in retail?

If you think “having more people play” compromises the character of Classic… I dunno, I don’t know what to say. “I want nobody to play but the people I think should be playing” doesn’t sound like reasonable feedback.