Please RE-Merge OCE+US

Before the first arena season, I believed that the OCE community could support a small but stable PvP community and strongly supported having our own battlegroup/ladder.

As the seasons have gone on, it’s become worse and worse. We now have at best 2 WSG games running during the evenings and can only play EotS/AB/AV during each of their PvP weekends. To rub salt in the wound, one of the WSG games running is almost always a HvH match and the 2nd one is 6-9 Alliance vs 9-10 horde.

Arena is on life support, most week nights from 7pm-10pm, queue times are either “unavailable” for every bracket or at best ~8-10 minutes. Even on the weekends during prime time, it’s always 2-4 teams playing each other in what feels like round-robin matching.

I don’t see things magically getting better next season which is a huge disappointment as I believe that S3 is the most enjoyable arena season in TBC.

While I do very much enjoy doing arena at 5-20ms, it’s not that fun when queues don’t actually pop or even when they do, there is such a severe lack of diversity with who and what you will play against.

I think the best way forward, to keep any kind of PvP experience alive for OCE, is to be re-merged into the US battlegroup. Any extra features such as OCE v OCE priority, US West servers, “expand my region” tick box during queue etc. would be great features that I’m sure would be greatly appreciated if available.

4 Likes

Transfer please.

1 Like

It is OK on retail then suddenly it is not OK on classic. Weird special community

Merge. It’s in a horrendous state. At least Battlegrounds, for the love of god. Whilst we’re at it, let’s sort the AFKers out who repetitively sit AFK in BG’s and aren’t punished for it.

1 Like

No changes, they cried, but also don’t merge NA and OCE! Even though every OCE server in original TBC was on the seattle datacenter and queued into NA teams

didint think of that irony lol

1 Like

i fear this isn’t going to happen :’(

1 Like

Merge please, game is D E A D

2 Likes

Please merge us with US.
It takes so long to find games.
I don’t want to have to stop raiding with my guild and transfer to US just to be able to play arena.

Please merge us with US.
It takes so long to find games.
I don’t want to have to stop raiding with my guild and transfer to US just to be able to play arena.

Please blizz, after your terrible PR lately, this could be a step in the right direction

2 Likes

+1 merge please. Would rather an active playerbase with arena’s popping on a ping over 200 than have 60ms and wait 6mins to queue against the same team over and over.

It also makes it difficult to get even 10 games in for the week, being in western australia - where daylight savings has us 3hours behind the east coast gamers. By the time you get home from work, the queues are 4-6minute pops. You can’t ever really push for rating and you’re limited to the few teams that are queueing.

2 Likes

I recently transferred a character to Whitemane, because I couldn’t consistently find dungeon groups as any role on Arugal. I’d spend 30 minutes looking for DPS fairly often. Gotta say, it was a good decision. Arugal at peak time is about as active as Whitemane is at 1am. As much as I think they went overboard with the cross-realm stuff in retail, it certainly demonstrates WHY it was implemented.

Honestly, the ping is barely noticeable too, it’s nowhere near as bad as it was back in the day, playing with 450+ ms to Proudmoore.

1 Like

if i could stealth move my whole guild i would :stuck_out_tongue: ninja style!

1 Like

pls merge for mi familia

1 Like

Pls merge or arena will be dead af in s3 for oce

1 Like

I was in WSG queue for 1hour 25 mins and couldnt control it so went to the bathroom and i came back and the queue was gone!!! ARGH!11

I have sent a tweet to Brian Bringham (lead) and Holly Longdale.

If you guys could like and share your experience (please dont harass them) maybe we can get some eyes on this thread.

Brian Ping : https://twitter.com/punchspunchs1/status/1475970204219805702
Holly Ping : https://twitter.com/punchspunchs1/status/1475976465883615233

@kaviax hello sir pls respond to the cries of the oceanic community

call oce we’re crying

just a one word blizz response plz… yes/maybe/nah

ill take anything :stuck_out_tongue:

bump - pls blizzard Prayge