Please Punish people who abuse the report system

I’ve seen and experienced quite a few instances of guilds mass-reporting people with their guild for purely malicious purposes.

You cannot allow this behavior to continue unpunished. If you let it happen, people will do it more and it will gradually get worse and worse. Please start punishing people who abuse the system. It will save the few GMs you have left a lot of valuable time.

4 Likes

pics or it didn’t happen. I’ve met one or two dinguses around but for the most part people are being pretty mature.

2 Likes

They’ve got just as many GM’s as they had years ago.

I have GM confirmation for my own case, but I’m pretty sure it’s against ToS to share that conversation here.

It’s undeniable that the right click report system is abused, though. Is that what you’re trying to say, here? That it isn’t?

1 Like

i think the point he’s trying to make is where do we draw the line

Example:
had someone in Darkshire yesterday demanding the entire zone report a mage because “the horde didn’t attack him, he must be a spy”. of course a few chime in and almost instantly the guy start scream in general about how “you’re all Obama loving horde spies, who need to be gone ,having my entire guild report all of you.”

i can Guarantee what was actually said was not what he told his guild. (hi to Asmon’s toxic as F guild)

So do they punish them all or just the one guy?

I think cases where an entire guild/raid flags one person (or people from a rival guild) who isn’t breaking ToS is pretty cut and dry.

There’s a lot of cases where nuance will need to be applied, but that seems pretty, well, obviously malicious.

It’s a common practice in raid vs raid PVP. You are discouraged from saying anything in chat, or the rival guild can mass-right-click you.

even if they are misled to believe something that didn’t happen did?

the problem becomes we have x accusing Y, and X is a guildie, whom are you going to believe?

while i don’t think reporting someone in a rash decision is right, i also dont think punshing someone for trusting someone they should trust if correct either.

I’m here to say that these forum reports of excessive retaliation by use of rcr or even just mass ignoring do not match my play experience, and I’m going to need more than just your word that it’s not you who’s over reacting. It’s up to you if you care about what I think.

With respect, you’re not an authority on the matter, and I don’t give a damn what you need if you’re just going to deny reality.

Yes, this isn’t some innocent action, if you are going to action someone’s account based on no valid information, you better do so wisely or that’s an abuse of the system.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vala_

2 Likes

The problem is that they don’t seem to actually be doing that. I know what the ToS says.

What happened to you as a child that you think everyone should be punished all the time?

If I report you for something you didn’t do, I’d expect to be punished when it’s discovered that I lied.

You ever think that there are better ways to solve a problem than punitive measures?

Do you believe that not penalizing it will improve the situation?

If so, you are positively delusional.

1 Like

People who don’t think it’s a problem probably simply haven’t seen the consequences in action.

A guildie of mine was squelched twice in one week for 24 hours at a time because they were offering free max level enchants and encouraging/asking for tips instead of charging a fee. They got whispered by a number of bank alts with no guild telling him to “step off” and to stop undercutting to which he replied “get bent” before a flood of a dozen messages from other level 1-10 bank alts whispered “Reported” to him and he found himself squelched/silenced within 15 minutes.

There have been reports of the same thing happening across all servers, complaints in many Realm Discord channels and the like as well. An automated system like this was bound to be weaponized and if things aren’t done to punish the RCR abusers to set a precedent that this is unacceptable then we are going to be seeing a TON of abuse in this regard when players start grinding for R14 to disrupt other peoples play/grouping/premades as well as Raid disruption once the “Serious” guilds are competing for Server first Raid clears.

1 Like

I have to wonder what people are doing to not notice this behavior. It seems pretty prevalent, even when it doesn’t affect anyone I know.

1 Like

There are better ways to solve problems than punishment. Education, and empathy training are two I can think of off the top of my head.

…We’re not talking about raising a child, dude.

2 Likes

I know.

Dude.