Please, please make these QoL changes for Windwalker Monk

Please give us some form of talent that offsets the throughput loss for using a 2H versus 2 1Hs. We used to have a talent back when Monks were introduced that gave us slightly different increases based on if we were dual wielding, or using a 2H.

As it stands right now, a 2H trails significantly behind even much lower ilevel dual wielding 1Hs, due to double enchants and double oil/weightstones. There’s additional issues with number of melee hits causing variance in procs furthering this disparity, to the point you can confidently use 2 1Hs that are more than a full 10 ilevels behind a 2H and STILL do more DPS. Yes, technically a higher ilevel 2H does give you more stamina and that does play into touch of death, but the damage gain from getting the health isn’t anywhere close to the loss.

Secondly, we can interrupt with Spear Hand Strike without interrupting Spinning Crane Kick, but NOT Fists of Fury, which is extremely important (especially in M+ or certain fights like Blood Council).

It’s hard enough to get weapons anyways, let alone when I get multiple loot buckets containing 2H weapons from something like the Great Vault, and I know I am not the only one having this problem. While it would be nice to be able to pick and choose with our loot options like we used to with either selecting Brewmaster for 2H or Windwalker for 1Hs, because of the Shadowlands change we don’t have the choice anymore.

Yes, using the other weapons and other weapon types is nice, but without the accompanying talent to shore up the disparity, all it leads to is situations where you can get stuck with lower ilevel weapons because the personal loot keeps handing you 2Hs for players in similar situations to my own.

Edit - I realize my post is listing me as a Warlock, but that’s just an alt and it won’t let me change to my 60 Monk which is my main for my profile.

1 Like

I, for one, appreciate that warlocks have put so much thought and care into our quality of life. Solidarity, my fel-low brother.

2 Likes