PLEASE no spell batching in tbc!

I hope blizzard doesn’t make bespoke recreations of minor technical limitations like batching, leeway, buff/debuff limits, view range restrictions, etc. I also hope they create some servers that never have layering, and some servers that just always have layering (or always have it as long as the population is big enough).

WoW has never existed in a state without leeway. It still exists in BfA today.

1 Like

Dude, Retail uses 90ms batching

Oh no, you are not going to ask for facts, are you?

You are clouding the issue with facts.

feign death is what really made me hate their spell batching implementaton. i had enough on my hunter and rerolled.

1 Like

So is spellbatching when you have let’s say, MobA and MobB. You select A but then see B in a better position, so you select B, and then cast. The cast lands on A anyway. Or you select A and poly, then switch to B and cast. Even a few seconds after the first poly, and then cast on B, it lands on A, breaking the poly. Is that batching? because it suuuuucks.

retail does not just use 90ms batching, retail has many game loops of different priorities running at the same time. you can read more about it here:

blizzard says this would be fun because we would see crazy things happening, but for those of us that have fun taking the game seriously it is not. tbc will introduce arenas and is even more competitive so i am really hoping they abandon classic’s batching implementation.

i know exactly how retail does it
vanilla did not have it that fancy

retail still has batching, and the rate is 90ms, not 15 or 20 ms

And TBC also did not have the batching system retail does
and i doubt it is going to magically get it this time around either.
It will get done as close to the original as they can get.

There are over 100 of these threads for classic, and you notice that they had no effect

i don’t think that any fan knows exactly how it is done. we just have what they have told us.

i’m also not really sure what you are saying. that you want retail spell batching but we should all not talk about it because blizzard won’t do it?

Incorrect.

https://www.wowhead.com/bluetracker?topic=13087818929

I don’t want to get too deep into the under-the-hood workings of WoW servers, but here’s a super short version. Any action that one unit takes on another different unit used to be processed in batches every 400ms.

We no longer batch them up like that. We just do it as fast as we can, which usually amounts to between 1ms and 10ms later. It took a considerable amount of work to get it working that way, but we’re very pleased with the results so far; the game feels noticeably more responsive.

Hmm, well looks like i am wrong on the timing.
Id look for a new addon, but i dont really play retail so it kind of does not matter.

No, that TBC did not have anywhere near the advanced batching system that retail does, TBC’s batching is akin to Classic (though it may be a bit tighter, i forget if that was during TBC or Wrath or maybe both)
And it wont get retail’s advance batching system because it would be incorrect for TBC, same as classic did not get a BFA batching system, or grouping tools or many other things people asked for.

I could care less whether batching is there or not. I’m not here for the ‘super serial try hard’ experience so whatever, don’t have batching. But hey, while we’re at it, make it so classes aren’t balanced around Arena because that was always a stupid idea.

pretty sure tbc is going to arrive to as close to the original code, database, scripting, and functionality as possible.

I would not expect anything different myself anyways.

I’m ok with that.

Vast majority of vanilla wow players had DSL/Cable. Batching was always a dumb idea, even in Vanilla.

I know you’re a death knight but we have laws against necromancy here, my dude.

1 Like

Never a bad time to complain about the horrendous batching they put in classic.