Please! No extra gold for quest rewards!

Was disappointed to find how much gold we can already make at our current max level of 30. I have a yellow elite quest in Duskwood (Morbent Fel), that is awarding 2g 31s instead of XP. Think what that will be for similar quests at level 60!

Yes, I know eventually earning gold instead of xp was in vanilla, but not at launch, which most people will remember. That’s why so few people have original epic mounts, money was hard to earn!

This is so far the only gripe I have about classic beta, everything else is wonderful and similar to what I remember at launch… but imagine what the economy will be like once people start hitting 60 before others. Please reconsider this Blizz!

This whole time I’ve been trying to make money selling bags… but now I can just quest have enough gold for a level 40 mount before I even hit 31.

3 Likes

What’s worse, do you think?

1. Make the game harder posts
  2. Posts about streamers

It’s a toss up for me.

8 Likes

I brought up a concern that I noticed while playing. How much does your post help?

1 Like

This won’t be an actual issue come the real classic launch. Just enjoy the extra beta money for stuff you need.

The extra gold awarded for being max level isn’t enough to make or break the game. Unless you are doing the quest for reputation or an item, there isn’t really any point in completing unfinished quests for gold alone. You will be better off farming consumes (herbs,fish, etc), rather than questing.

Hunters will be doing mara, mages/pally/priests will be doing dm lasher farm, etc. There are so many better ways to make money.

It’s good to know the max level gold rewards are working at level 30, because that proves they will work at level 60. Obviously you won’t be taking advantage of the extra gold from quests at 30 on launch.

This is not representative of Live.

The same amount it was in Vanilla?

We are getting 1.12 mechanics including gold. Time to accept that. Additionally, by the end of Vanilla there weren’t a pile of people with epic mounts, so even after the Gold change was made in March 2006, characters weren’t suddenly rolling in gold.

No, you can’t, in Live. Because the XP to Gold conversion won’t kick in for another 20 levels after you want your mount.

You’re overblowing test conditions in Beta and claiming a problem in Live. Please stop it.

1 Like

You’ll also have less quests to finish at 60 unless you spent like, 45,000 hours grinding mobs and haven’t done any.

I don’t think this will be an issue when the game actually comes out and we can go all the way to 60.

3 Likes

1.12 is vanilla is its most nerfed state. Classic is a 1.12 recreation, by its very marketing its “vanilla in its most polished state”.

Raids, game world, classes, itemisation everything is tuned so that you are at the maximum end of the power curve playing through content. It will be a fantastic experience but no it will not be exactly alike early vanilla, it cant be.

I agree with no extra gold for quest rewards, easy and quick gold makes professions less viable.

Exactly. I don’t want Classic, I want World of Warcraft: Professions Might Be Slightly More Viable Edition.

Think you’re missing the point. What is happening at 30 now in beta, will happen at 60 for epic mounts. Why bother making money with professions or grinding in various way when you can just simply complete quests for a few gold each?

And knowing this in advance, it makes sense to skip high level zones, grind levels in dungeons through your 50’s to quickly level, then go back and easily do the quests at 60 and ca$h in. People will game this all they can.

1 Like

I cannot choose. There is no win, as Tseric so eloquently put it.

1 Like

The only way to win is to not play.

1 Like

Not sure you understand the longevity of Classic. People will inevitably have more gold than they will ever spend. That or they will quit (because that’s what happens in a game that stays at the same content in perpetuity)

So what if someone games the system with grinding 10 billion MOBs so they don’t quest until 60 to obtain gold. Because guess what. If you grind that many MOBs, you have gold already.

Lol no one will be farming quests at 60 for their epic mounts. You could do literally anything else and get more gold.

And people did in Vanilla. One of my two mains hit 60 around the same time as this, and kept questing. The quest gold does not make your epic mount, not by a long shot.

This wasn’t a problem then and it isn’t a problem now.

After grinding painfully to an original epic palomino, I don’t agree with that at all. It would have made life WAAAY easier.

lol this is the most backassward thing I’ve ever read on this forum outside of Farthir.

The increased gold per quest makes very little difference. The point made was that it was hard to get your epic and that this makes it easier… but it also will take longer than any other method for getting gold (assuming you are trying to get gold). So the increased gold won’t cause more people to have mounts at all.

Which does not matter since this classic will be as it was at patch 1.12, the last patch before BC.

Back then, at max level (60) you got either an XP conversion to gold, or the amount of gold the quest would normally give, whichever is higher.