Please nerf Hard Mode Mechagon Boss 4 so it is possible to solo for all classes

Hello, this boss can not be soloed on hard mode, even as a hunter who turtles and cheetas to the ring and spends the entire time except 3.5 seconds which are required to move hacking. and the blast can not be immuned. Please increase the hacking phase from 55 seconds to 2 minutes so it can be soloed more easily. Thank you.

5 Likes

That mode sounds…. Hard!!!

2 Likes

Well it’s not just hard, but mathematically impossible to solo. It’s level 50 content which is the only reason it’s a problem.

1 Like

mathematically impossible.

i remember the first time that term was used. It was Yogg+0 and it was successfully done by STARS while we were crying on the forums about it.

1 Like

You go do it. It literally cannot be soloed as it is now and it won’t be soloable with any amount of gear because the HK-Aerial Suppression Unit gives you 55 seconds to hack and you need to spend 50 seconds hacking, which means you need to get to and move through the obstacle course in five seconds or less, really closer to three seconds or less if you play perfectly because you have to interrupt your hacking to dodge the bots while you’re up there. It can probably be done as a night fae demon hunter with the fel rush legendary but nobody should have to go to those lengths to get old content done.

So you go do it, if you have nothing of value to add and you just want to whine on the forums about my whining.

1 Like

No actually it was C’thun, which actually was mathematically impossible and was never beaten until Blizzard nerfed the fight.

Anyways yes HM Mechagon is impossible to solo, like many fights/achievements it is designed to take multiple people and to not ever be soloable. Might get changed at some point, might not, it is an intentional design.

1 Like

C’thun was where “mathetically impossible” was first brought up that I can remember. It’s entirely plausible it came up even before that.

Alone in the Darkness also wasn’t killed until it was nerfed, several times in fact. There were just more nerfs after it was beaten.

Moving back to the topic, the issue that might arise with changing this encounter is that they plan to bring it back as Mythic+ instance next patch. They’ll have to figure out a way to changing how Hacking works while solo that doesn’t affect the group version (for example, if it was 2 minutes, that’s a lot of forgiveness for an entire group). It’s not impossible - e.g. they could change the “health”/“time” based on number of people in the instance, just something to keep in mind.

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment. I believe it will okay to change this for the hard mode version as the M+ version features the regular mythic mode.

that is false, there were 9 or so kills before the nerfs.

There were exactly 10 kills before the biggest set of nerfsm which was basically around the same time as the ToC patch IIRC.

Yogg-Saron (and subsequently Alone in the Darkness) had been nerfed multiple times prior. Immortal Guardians’ spawn, health, the Sanity threshold to prevent uncontrollable 0-Sanity gibs, etc., and other things I’ve probably forgotten since it was 12+ years ago were all adjusted prior to the first kill. Technically many of those weren’t UNIQUE to Alone in the Darkness, but definitely had a major impact on Alone in the Darkness.

Changes to make things soloable don’t happen until the content is designated as legacy. Legacy content is anything older than the previous expansion. The previous expansion is BFA, so it is not yet legacy content. This will likely be addressed at some point near 10.0.

Mechagon hard mode was a great time. We 1 tank 4 dps’d it to push the button phase to a better time for us. I played as a prot paladin and it was a ton of fun to tank and heal it.

High mobility classes can solo HM Mechagon, though it typically requires Door of Shadows (Venthyr) or Night Fae (Soulshape). It also requires the mechanic to trigger on the southern pylon, but is otherwise well documented as doable.

Barring that it’s easy to duo it, since the timer contribution is divided down by each player channeling.

BFA has already had Legacy loot enabled for it as of 9.1.5, so it’s perfectly fine to lump it under the Legacy bucket and make changes accordingly.

It’s not like they’ve ever had a consistent policy on Legacy content anyway. It took them several patches too late after Hellfire was Legacy to actually fix cannons on Hellfire Assault, Legion bosses weren’t fixed for several patches in, etc. Legacy is just something they do whenever they need to get through a content drought now.

3 Likes

They enabled Legacy Loot early for Legion also, but they didn’t make any mechanics changes until SL.

This is why I said “near 10.0”, because the changes sometimes take a patch or two, or more, before they get implemented.

As far as I know they have never changed the mechanics of a boss that wasn’t from an expansion before the previous one. That, if nothing else, has been consistent. Twice, they’ve added Legacy Loot early, but I know for Legion at least, they said outright they were making no changes to the bosses until it was actually Legacy content.

This is correct and it’s unfortunate. I do feel that if they follow the same pattern, they would change any BFA mechanics in the next expansion (hopefully 10.0) and I just hope they remember to change this one as well.

Yeah, and? That was stupid too.
As I already said, they do it because they want to drip-feed Legacy out to cover content droughts. If they had an ACTUAL legacy policy, they’d just automatically have a set of changes in place to roll alongside Legacy loot. Hell, they could have the Legacy changes feature-flagged before bosses even go live, so they can later just make one config change to enable Legacy changes, because that’s how software development works.

Legacy loot WAS only added in the Battle For Azeroth pre-patch. That means they’ve messed up the Legacy system every single time since it’s existed, including the very patch they implemented it. The twice that they’ve “added Legacy loot early” are literally the only times Legacy loot has applied to a new content tier, and could easily have just had the raid/dungeon changes piled in alongside, just like they happily bundled in the Legacy damage buff in BFA alongside the Legacy loot (only to then undo it with the level squish fiasco, but that’s a differente debate lol).

Of course with Legion, they also shifted their previously stated policy, or else mechanics changes to Legion bosses would have shipped with Shadowlands since it was KINDA considered Legacy as soon as Shadowlands launched and we had level 60 available. Except then they threw in the idea that it had to be the END of the second subsequent expansion, not just the expansion that put players 10+ levels ahead.

If they have another content drought, they’ll happily make changes to BFA dungeons/raids. It’s not like it’s going to be hard.

Then again, BFA might be the one expansion where Legacy content isn’t as attractive. The armor sets and transmog are just … ugh.

1 Like

Here’s how to solo it btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deh6Z-_XCn8

The previous expansion was SL.

Hi thanks Maizou helped me get it done. It’s a very strange workaround and I makes me feel like I’m cheating but I mean it’s harmless and it works so :woman_shrugging:

No dh so instead I did the outrange it thing. You just run back to the start of the instance after tagging the boss, because the ability is only 300 yards.