Please make the crackshot window remove the cooldown on Between the Eyes

There are just too many scenarios where you press Between the Eyes where it goes on cooldown and your DPS greatly suffers from it.

• Spell queue can trigger BtE to be used just after your crackshot window ended
  • Server delays (not ping/fps issues) at intensive fights can randomly trigger BtE to be cast just outside of the window
  • Human reaction exists, and you’re unfairly punished for pressing the button a split second too late. Can’t blame people for this because there’s just too many different things you have to track already
  • There are weird scenarios where you are pulled out of stealth or your stealth fails because the same second you entered combat. Due to the high APM you want to press these 2 buttons in rapid succession but this sometimes just fails and causes BtE to go on cooldown.
  • Human failure when you intend to press buttons in a specific order, you have to make a split second decision and press another button first, only to realize you still pressed BtE because of muscle memory and it goes on cooldown
  • The nature of the crackshot window is that you somewhat spam BtE, so it’s unfair to be punished as harshly for spam pressing the button when the fight gets really hectic

Currently there’s a lot of mental energy going into making sure you don’t over-press the button. There’s also a lot of energy going into making sure you don’t press BtE when Shadowdance and Vanish are within a window where you could enter crackshot window if BtE isn’t on cooldown.

The rotation would feel a lot smoother while also requiring less of a cockpit to track everything if you could just press BtE as crackshot would ensure it becomes available. Playing your rotation incorrectly should still punish you in terms of output, but at this point BtE not resetting during crackshot is just annoying and imo punishes you way too harshly on top of all the other things that you can already do wrong for outlaw.

Please make outlaw a little more forgiving and let me focus on the fight instead of making me keep track of too many small details to play my rotation properly.

Edit: Just to make sure, I’m advocating to have the cooldown of BtE be reset the moment you enter a crackshot window, not completely remove the cooldown.

7 Likes

Full on removing the cooldown would be pretty meh as it would remove dispatch from the rotation entirely since BtE is simply more damage now a day. A possible fix would to be having crackshot reset BtEs cooldown when you enter stealth.

There is currently a WA that plays a sound indicator when you have less then 1 gcd remaining in stealth/subterfuge to prevent you from casting that last BtE to send it onto cd. I personally think the spec is impossible to play to its full potential without such a WA and I do think thats a failing of the redesign and crackshot in general.

There is really no human way to tell if you can fit one last BtE into a window or not with things like latency, micro delays to the gcd due to energy/what part of the gcd you activated dance/vanish on. The only way to have the correct knowledge of when ur window ends exactly is using an addon.

1 Like

Can you please share a link to that WA that plays a sound? The WA I am using is only visual & that one you described sounds a lot better.

https://wago.io/fPlALjxvm This is the WA I use, made by one of the community mods of the rogue discord.

2 Likes

Not completely, just remove the cooldown when you enter the Crackshot window

2 Likes

Sometimes BtE enter in CD on first global from stealth and EVEN in MID of window, like reseted 2 times, and then enter in CD (having 3 more seconds on the window).

2 Likes

I have literally never had that before and I’d know when this happens because I have a WA that I’m furiously staring at.

100% true.
We need many rogues agreeing to this change!
It would def Smoot rotation, less thinking & more focusing on actual game!
Its not Impossible to play the spec in current state, but it requires WA’s and a LOT of observation, thinking, and too many unforgiving mistakes can happen!
Imo, thats wrong!
It’s also Impossible to build muscle memory in current state…as it requires 100% wits & constant reevaluation of the rotation based on RtB buff’s

It also feels insanely unfair compared to some other class/spec as they have extraordinary easy/smooth/fun/rewarding/forgiving rotation v.s. Outlaw having extracomplex/unforgiving rotation with very low dps downtimes!

Rn Outlaw gaming is a constant reorganization of thinking because of RtB buffs affecting when to use BtE out of Crackshot window and when NOT use BtE because of inc crackshot window…

So yes, most issues would be solved and create a smoother rotation by just having BtE cd reset upon entering stealth or falling out of combat. It would’nt be perfect. But would help considerably.

Outlaw was alrdy quite tedious to play…but fun!

I dont understand the new changes needs…and stealth windows use…100% orbiting around that simple hated subtlety mechanic completely opposite to a Pirate Themed…
Moving talents and a few adjustments would have suffice.
Crackshot new talent was not necessary in the least!

That fix would be easy yet still far from what we used to be…but anyways, Let’s see if they care? :wink:

6 Likes

The way it currently works feels like complexity for the sake of complexity.

6 Likes

I get this a lot. BtE from stealth as an opener = cooldown. What the actual f…

1 Like