Please make all beasts tamable when you're max level

I just went into Terrace to tame Tsulong, but got the error that I couldn’t because he was too high a level.

In hindsight, I could have come in here at a lower level, leveled up in the instance by pulling XP out of a portable mailbox… then tamed him… but, that’s all out the window now. And I don’t really want to roll a new hunter.

I wonder what other creatures my max level hunter won’t be able to get?

I mean, not that it matters. It’s just cosmetic, but. Cosmetic stuff matters.

I’m going to be despondent when I discover I can’t tame the purple stone hound.

Edit -

Ok so, it seems nothing in a raid is tamable.

Beast Lore says that it is, but, I guess there’s some block. Couldn’t even tame the normal little stone hounds, let alone the bosses.

Elegon is also not tameable.

Why do this in a game mode that let’s you get strong enough to solo raids?

Edit again -

Seems my hunter was marksman for some reason.

I guess Elegon IS tameable, maybe? But not at level 70.

I was almost 100% positive all those things were tamable in the regular game. Maybe they just aren’t for this event?

Kind if sucks because beyond dinosaurs there really aren’t that many interesting beasts to tame for hunters.

1 Like

They might be, but only if you go in at like, level 30, level to 35, then try to tame it.

I’ll have to make another hunter alt to experiment. But it’ll be annoying.

Just let level 70’s tame creatures up to 75 or whatever.

They are tamable, but you cant tame pets that are higher level than you, and raid mobs are always a couple of levels higher. If you’re already at max level there’s no way to cheese it :frowning:

I’m going to see if I can do some sort of “Party Sync” shenanigans.

What would happen if I did that?

Afaik, you cannot tame instanced bosses in Remix, you however wait and tame them over in Retail.

The error I’m getting only says I’m not high enough level.

I want to at least try it when I am a high enough level.

That’s the thing, as you level, so does the boss, and they are always higher than you and untameable and I think that is by design, in Remix.

Quite a bummer, I’m still wondering if I can’t get around it though…

You can try, of course you can.

Do you just want him for the look? Because there is a version of that model you should be able to tame in remix that isn’t a boss; Hei Feng

from petopia:
This version of Hei Feng is only accessible when you’re on the quest Surprise Attack!.

Editing to add that I haven’t tried to tame Hei Feng on my hunter to know for certain, but I’m sure I’ve seen someone running around with that model while in remix. Anyways, happy hunting!

One more edit!!! Just logged in and saw a hunter with Hei Feng so this guy is def tamable in remix :smiley:

There’s a purple jade cat that you have to track and flare in the vale, there’s a water strider too in the Jade Forest and a white cat too. I think there are a few other stealthed trackable rare tames but it’s been so long I don’t remember them all. Maybe petopia has a list? There are a few cool tames though for sure.

Pretty sure none of the raid bosses are tamable in the remix so hunters can’t troll raid groups and make people lose bronze.

1 Like

I am pretty sure you also needed specific books for it. Not sure if you do have them, but Cloud Serpents need the book for them, and Direhorns also need a book. Without the book, you can’t tame any of them.

I wonder if that’s something that transfers from retail or not since its account wide unlock. I don’t have a hunter atm to test it, but it would be interesting to find out.

No, but once you do it once on Remix it carries over to alts.