Please let SoM players transfer to TBC/WOTLK when it is over

With the 59% buff after having had a 100% buff in SoM … I’m sure they will feel it sooo hard.
And they’ve had that easy levelling on half-empty servers where they could get ressources, rares, fishing prizes, titles, ect for almost free. You’re all screaming murder over goldcaps etc, these will come loaded to the gunwhales.

And I can’t see the justice in making THEM happy and slighting the people of Celebras/ZT and the people wanting Era servers.

1 Like

This is a fantastic idea and brings back SoMs relevance for the rest of the season. It also means any second season of SoM should be more popular as players will know their characters won’t go to waste.

Please ignore all the whiny manchildren in this thread. As usual people find a way to complain no matter what. No one cares if someone got scarab lord slightly easier except people that want to feel extra special in a 15 year old video game. I swear you guys could win a million dollars and you’d all find a way to whine about that. Pathetic.

SoM characters only going to classic era was a death sentence. This is 100% a great change and the downsides are minor and overinflated as usual by people on the WoW forums.

7 Likes

I’m happy for myself that the SoM players won’t go to Era where I play. I just wonder why this tranfer is free when Classic => TBCC had to cost a fortune and in the process ruining Era.

2 Likes

Era ruined itself :sleepy:

Back in STV when the honor system hadn’t even been implemented yet.

I was so stoked for classic man…

I chose to level / create characters on Classic Era instead of Season of Mastery, given that we were told the end destination for both would be Classic Era. With that said, shouldn’t I be able to bring the Classic Era characters I have progressed since the launch of Season of Mastery to Wrath as well?

This seems like a silly thing to 180 on.

Limited availability achievements should be kept just that, limited availability. Especially if the means by which they’re achieved are entirely changed (shorter time to R14, less carapaces needed to be farmed + gates opened for longer for scarab lord).

If you do TBC SOM would you please make gladiator the top 50% of teams (instead of 0.5%) and rank 1 the top 20% of teams (instead of 0.2%) please? I wasn’t able to achieve them in TBC classic so I’d like an easier time getting those mounts + titles before being merged with everyone, thanks!
/s

At the end of classic will we be transferring our characters to retail? How do you think the original retail players with these feats will feel about all the new Scarab Lords, r14s, atiesh holders, glads, rank 1s? Probably not too happy I’d imagine.

The prestige of running around and seeing people with original items and titles completely diminishes when all u need to do is wait for the next SOM season to achieve them and merge with everyone again anyway.

They are separate iterations of the game, keep them separate!

6 Likes

I made a post detailing this was a bad idea and it got suspiciously “marked as spam” and deleted -.- Really?

Regardless, this is a horrible idea, and leaves a bad taste in everyone’s mouth.

No one that matters actually cares about Era. It is a wasteland for gutter tier players who couldn’t hack it when most of the population was in classic. They should just delete all the Era servers and be done with it, since they’ll have to do fresh vanilla at some point anyway. Any other opinion is cope.

Why would retail be a big deal and not wrath? People hitting big ranks in a few weeks in SoM and then transferring into the real game. In classic, you still had to farm for 3 months straight to get your r14. Scarabs lords had to farm carapaces. I dont see any difference retail to classic. Retail players would like to know that classic characters could get xfered into retail? Would the scarab lords from back in the day get mad? Probably. This is a dumb decision that doesnt make any freaking sense. It was stated from the start that SoM was xfered into Classic Era at the end. Now its gonna be used for easy titles…so dumb

2 Likes

Imagine getting this bothered by a title. No one cares. it quite literally does not matter.

3 Likes

It doesnt for you. You didnt grind anything. It matters for me and many others…

Guess you’re gonna have to cope in the corner then because it’s happening.

1 Like

Who are you to speak for Classic Era players?

No one on Classic Era loves PhReSh or will even play PhReSh. It is clear PhReSh is a complete and utter failure with the release of SOM. Stop trolling.

If anything, focus should be on the Classic Era realms.

2 Likes

Era is dead bro. Accept it and move on.

Era has raids, BGS and open world boss/pvp. Why do you feel the need to troll?

2 Likes

Fresh is coming, the dead servers will become even more dead.

Let this be a lesson: Requesting random things that get 6 likes on the WoW Forums can get entire features added.

7 Likes

Yes you will, same as server mergers. The incoming players have to rename if their name is taken.

WoW, big news…so the pre-Wrath options for leveling now are (from slowest to fastest?) 1) Level on a TBC server 2) Level on a TBC server with 50% xp boost when it comes 3) Level on a SoM server and transfer 3) Boost on a TBC server 4) Boost on a TBC server with 50% xp boost when it comes

Sound correct?

It was free, unless you wanted a copy. SoM will be ending so I assume no copies, ya dig?