Please let SoM players transfer to TBC/WOTLK when it is over

Will this be a free transfer to any of the servers, or will SoM characters be funneled to low pop servers that are set to die anyway as an attempt to fix server balance, also will there be a way for us to faction change our character as well?

1 Like

Tbh even on retail I imagine the person bought the scarab lord character

Why no TBC SoM?

What about our names on SoM? Will we lose those? I have a lot of nice names on SoM that are all taken on the current TBC/soon-to-be Wrath servers.

You’ll have to name change guaranteed, unless you join a server without that name taken. That’s how it’s always been.

Wow that’s incredible news! Any information on what will happen to the Soul of Iron buff on characters moved to Wrath/Era?

Would be cool for it to become a little trophy somehow, maybe a Feat of Strength for having it at level 60? Could add a Survivor of the Firelord Feat of Strength too?

1 Like

Maybe you all will be sent to the fresh servers!

1 Like

Actually possible since they probably wont allow transfers until November. At which point most fresh server players will be well beyond 60 id hope. The only thing that would be wrong with that is the gold injection.

1 Like

Shhh.
Lemme bring my two gold capped super casual characters.

Bunch of fake R14s and scarabs lords gonna be running around in wrath…sad actually. It was called a Season for a reason…why the hell merge into the real game. Many players have hardly farmed their title and some SoM players that got the samething in 50% less time will hop into the same game like nothing happened…i dont like this. Ty for making prestigious titles feel weak.

9 Likes

Post on your r14 or scarab lord ? Or are you fighting for someone else’s title?

2 Likes

This is all you not Blizz.
Titles are just words. You give them the meaning.

Who cares that someone has a bugmeister or soulofangst with training wheels words above their head? Does that keep you up at night? Why?

2 Likes

Doing this - giving some plauyers a fast forward to Wrath Classic - and NOT giving TBCC Era servers or letting the EU RP servers Celebras or Zandalari Tribe survive, could very well be the last straw for a lot of us.

2 Likes

The Classic Bait-And-Switch!

My hunch is they will move the SOM characters in the Wrath Pre patch. They will still have to level to 70 before Wrath classic

SoM cycle won’t be up till late Oct/Nov and since Wrath Beta is already started, pre-patch will be here before SoM is finished. I’m with Kekbot in that they will get to go when they are done which may coincide with the 90 day transfer window.

1 Like

Either way, they wont get to skip 60-70

They mentioned the 90d was the bare minimum. That it could be “91days, 191 days or even day 991”. A lot of people are complaining on the 90 days for xfering being too short.

So I wouldn’t expect SOM toons to be able to go to fresh start right away.

They could even transfer prior to 90 days. Bliz going back on their word isn’t anything new.

3 Likes

This is insulting to anyone who grinded for any prestigious title or item in Classic. When Season of Mastery was announced there was zero indication that it was going to transition into Wrath. I would have played it if there was. There was zero point in playing a seasonal mode with no expectation of continuation and it’s absolutely ridiculous that you’ve done a 180 on that.

6 Likes