Please let SoM characters transfer to TBC/WoTLK there's no reason not to

Im gravy either way

But with SoM you can get your pvp titles or scarab lord unlock, and then transfer. Would be great to see an infusion of new scarab lords every year….

Sounds good at first. But isnt that the thought on the very last one? Just join that one to start on. Stay at whatever level you want for as lomg as you want.

Great name.

They wont do this. There are too many variables concerning the influence on the game economy to allow for it.

1 Like

They did make it clear what would happen

Sorry you missed it. :frowning_face:

1 Like

too many variables

1 Like

The only reason to someone being interested in transfer characters from season of mastery to progression servers are for exploiting stuff like gold and prestige titles that are no longer obtainable in the current servers. So that’s why they won’t ever allow it.

3 Likes

SoM will have the option to play on Era.

2 Likes

I personally disagree just because firstly the potential to farm gold in SoM compared to TBC is so much less that It’s not even comparable. Secondly the tiny amount of gold that would come in from SoM has nothing on the amount of gold being generated daily by bots, that people don’t seem to care as much about. As for the prestige part, you still have to go and grind it out on SoM to get it and also how cool could would that be, thered be more incentive to play the seasonal servers because you can live out what you perhaps missed.

4 Likes

I agree, and would note there are way less bots it seems in SoM than in current TBC. Inflation in TBC has become so outrageous, I would be very surprised if they don’t implement the wow token to combat the inflation and get a slice of the money that people are spending swiping for gold. Plenty of videos have been generated on youtube capturing bots cheating in dungeons and u can still see them running in and out of dungeons on TBC servers. SoM has implemented changes to prevent this and as a result we have a shortage of supplies b/c people are unwilling to farm them having become accustom to bots farming for them so they can swipe and pay for their needs. SoM characters will not have enough gold to affect the current TBC or inc Wrath communities.

In regards to titles or what not, yea there will be a new wave of Grand Marshals and High Warlords and ofc a new wave of Scarab Lord mounts, but everyone in TBC had a chance to farm these when they were in classic. Everyone in SoM had to still put in the work and effort. I would also note there is Precedence with original timeline allowing new servers to have Scarab Lords for instance. In original TBC timeframe there were a number of servers opened which did not have the AQ gates opened. I played on one of them myself. Cairne. Cairne did not have a scarab lord till someone did the whole quest chain and the war effort was completed. If memory serves it was a Tauren Warrior named Brahma or Brama. The event did cause drama, however, and soon after this, I am unsure if any other new servers were added without the change but at some point all future servers added after this, I believe, were launched with the gate event completed and the quest line was removed from the game on retail. Here, however, you don’t have the drama where people are transferring servers to ring a gong with the quest line already done. the people here have done the work from scratch with no way to import characters and cheat the system.

Again, I would like to emphasize on anti cheating. People in SoM who earned these things did them without cheating like many in original Classic did. There were far more guards in place to ban cheaters in SoM than in Classic first go around, so, again, I don’t see a problem letting them into Wrath. There were also newly instituted rules for bans regarding buying/selling gold. These rules being in place made the SoM servers way more honest and are holding the cheaters accountable with bans that are way more damning on a 1 yr release timeline. Many GM/HW would be’s were banned for account sharing or running bots eliminating tons of would be GM’s and HW’s this go around who otherwise slipped through cracks the first go around. I would also say a ton of gold buyers were also banned that were trying to do GM/HW b/c they were buying gold to buy consumes to gain an edge in pvp that other people playing all day wouldnt have. It kept the PVP system more honest, thank god.

2 Likes

Yeah these people earned their titles but som is still separate from progressive classic. I don’t know why anyone even tries to dispute this. No one from som is going to tbc. You guys logged in knowing it was seasonal. Please stop with these threads. Your option is era. TBC is off the table and they have stated there is no tbc som

1 Like

u know, its funny you’re so anti this moving toons to tbc. Blizzard regularly breaks their promises to the community. How about when they promised no cash shop no boost prior to classic launch. Now we have 58 boosts regularly exploited not by the general public but by bots. They broke faith with the community and now its a major problem for them and they’ve lost a lot of major advertisers for them in the streaming community over it.

Just saying, blizzard doesn’t always follow what they promise.

Also, I don’t see them turning down the opportunity for quarterly earnings giving people a chance to move their toons to Classic tbc in prep for WotLK. They’ll make a bunch of money for paid transfers and it will take them almost no effort to do it. Have you ever known blizzard to NOT have their quarterly statements in line with a decision they make? Ever?.. its like putting a steak in front of a wolf and expecting the steak not to disappear when you turn around. Are u naive? I’ll be flabbergasted if they don’t make it available.

2 Likes

I’m not anti som to tbc at all… I guess you do not frequent the forums too often. I simply state what is reality. I don’t care if they let you xfer to tbc servers it does not affect me. But I like to highlight that people rolled on a seasonal server knowing full well it wasn’t going past classic. I do not think they’ll let people just pump out scarab lords every “season” and then just let them transfer to the live servers every year no I do not see that happening. Do I care if they do? Not at all

1 Like

Regardless if they change their stance or not, this is the truth.
It is what was announced. Anyone stamping their feet and claiming Blizz didn’t make it clear at the outset what would happen (as the announcement I linked earlier was prior to the SoM servers opening) is being disingenuous.

All of the other noise about Blizzard reneging on their promises or what have you is pointless when most posters don’t care if they do change their mind on this issue. What has been pointed out numerous times are the known facts. It’s not naivete to state facts.

2 Likes

There is no “truth” since they didn’t officially say that this WON’T or CAN’T happen. All they said was that the chars will be able to transfer to a Classic Era server. I think that them allowing this is very possible. Why are people gatekeeping this topic?

If you got into Classic at a time where Era and TBCC realms were dead and SoM seemed like the best option, maybe you would understand why SoM players want this.

1 Like

No one is limiting your forum access to discuss a request to change what has been announced. What has been announced is factual.
You should try to correctly use terminology instead of reacting emotionally.

Again I don’t care if you can or cannot transfer a character from the seasonal server to TBCC. But the Blue post was made following the beta of SoM to let people know that your seasonal character would either be wiped at the end of the season or you could move it to an Era server. That’s it. Facts.

If you are unhappy with that situation, that is a different matter and you can ask that they change their minds. But this pretense of the statement “not being clear” is just silly. Just ask for a change - don’t make it about Blizzard not spelling things out for you.

4 Likes

Yeah I mean it comes down to outlining what they said from the beginning. Just because they didn’t say “you will one thousand percent not be able to go to tbc so don’t even ask” doesn’t mean their news is any different.

I’m just calling a spade a spade

If they let you transfer to tbc afterwards, cool. But they said what they said

1 Like

I agree with a lot of points you are making. But you dont think this is a little generous? Players went to work no doubt, but youre talking about two very different jobsites.

Necro’d a thread only to let it wither away immediately afterwards

1 Like