Please let SoM characters transfer to TBC/WoTLK there's no reason not to

Hi i’ve seen this idea be floated around alot and it’s one that i agree with, it feels as if it’s the most logical thing to do for a couple of reasons. First of all some people didn’t want to play SoM in the first place because they thought after they’re done with their seasonal character it’s going to be worthless, this would address this issue (maybe a bit late but still alot of people would appreciate it). Secondly let’s not pretend like the 100% xp rate is going to ruin the integrity of leveling, everyone knows mage boosting is happening its out in the open so we can’t cry about leveling integrity etc. Also even with the 100% xp rate it could take 2-4 days play time to hit level 60 of actual time spent playing the game (not just afking getting boosted which some enjoy) so the 100% xp rate while good isn’t completely game breaking.

So tldr
1 Makes SoM more relevant and also WoTLK so it’s a 2 in 1
2 People are already getting mage boosted so the integrity of leveling won’t really be
effected.
3 People will spend more time leveling various alts they’d want to try out in WoTLK on the SoM servers ( more game time for blizz)
4 There’s really no real downside or game breaking aspects that come with vanilla characters coming over to TBC/WoTLK
5 Makes questing relevant again

6 I would imagine it wouldn’t be the biggest project to implement this

7 Likes

I’d really love for any classic mode to allow a free, one-way transfer up through each expansion. It would be awesome! You could play an expansion for as long as you wanted, and when that character is ready, they could move up to the next one!

11 Likes

We’ll probably get something along those lines.
Soul of iron achievements were datamined well before som even started.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they put a paywall in front of it though. As in some form of boost directly into wrath, exclusive to SoM characters.

2 Likes

There is a reason not to: if you wanted to play on a progression server, you should have rolled on one.

5 Likes

My dream is for no SoM character to be desecrated by transferring to a God forsaken TBC/WoTLK server.

I’m actually fine with SoM characters going to Era.

If you want a TBC toon, just boost one to 58.

2 Likes

Glad to know you want to limit players for zero reason. Just make SoM a progression server then whatever difference that makes lol, problem solved. Blows my mind that someone would advocate for giving players less control over their characters. Jesus people.

3 Likes

hey, calm down

2 Likes

no im good, ill point out when something doesnt make sense thank you
you can chill though if you want

1 Like

Thrall charges in hollaring about serving the Horde.
oh wait you meant the other dude

I have no issue with you asking for it, OP, but Blizz did say from the beginning that seasonal characters were going to Era. SoM isn’t worthless as you get to push yourself to see how far you get in a season before it’s over. If you are a sentimental type Blizz nicely allowed for the option to stash your trophy on an Era server which seems more than fair.

If mage boosting or purchasing a boost from Blizz is okay because “the integrity of leveling” isn’t affected then you can go ham on that. But I don’t see why a transfer to a progession server is necessary when the seasonal server had an expiration date all along and then it’s over.

If you want to progress, roll up a new character or boost by whatever method you choose on a server in TBC (or Wrath when it launches). If you love your seasonal character very much then consider playing with those folks in Era who would be happy to have chill people join them. You have options available.

2 Likes

Greensus.

1 Like

Im gravy either way

But with SoM you can get your pvp titles or scarab lord unlock, and then transfer. Would be great to see an infusion of new scarab lords every year….

Sounds good at first. But isnt that the thought on the very last one? Just join that one to start on. Stay at whatever level you want for as lomg as you want.

Great name.

They wont do this. There are too many variables concerning the influence on the game economy to allow for it.

1 Like

They did make it clear what would happen

Sorry you missed it. :frowning_face:

1 Like

too many variables

1 Like

The only reason to someone being interested in transfer characters from season of mastery to progression servers are for exploiting stuff like gold and prestige titles that are no longer obtainable in the current servers. So that’s why they won’t ever allow it.

3 Likes

SoM will have the option to play on Era.

2 Likes