Please keep Torghast

Very simple really, please dont just bulldoze this deep and engaging solo instance content with the rest of shadowlands content before the next expansion.

Keep torghast in the game and continue to iterate on it, I want torghast in my WoW from now on.

6 Likes

I haven’t dug too much into it yet but it seems really interesting. Would love to see it improved and expanded upon in future expansions.

Or just reskin it to fit the theme of whatever the current expansion will be in the future. Add in new anima powers.

1 Like

That would be nice but probably won’t happen. The raiders will whine about having to do it and Blizzard will cater to them.

1 Like

I kind of hope that one day you walk in there and instead of the Soul Forge you were expecting, you rolled all sixes and get the secret Unicorn level instead.

3 Likes

Torghast will be treated just like the Mage Tower. 1 expansion system which will end after SL ends. blizzard doesnt carry over systems you know this man!

I think that they put a lot of work into this particular system and I bet the people who made it would like to see it continue.

I think if we show that as a community we overwhelmingly want it to stay, they may just do it, so keep bumping the topic :wink:

1 Like

I think torghast is a blast, love running it with my wife’s mage. Just don’t see a reason to keep running it. It’s very unrewarding, a few greys that don’t even cover repair bills or potion costs is just not worth the time.

1 Like

having a blast isn’t a good enough reason to run it?

It’s fun and I don’t think it’s going anywhere but I think they need to relook at a few things.

I think it would make it a great way to end the expansion. With the Jailer gone it has a will of it’s own… fades from the Maw and returns into future expansions as something akin to a Phantom Tower. The anima theme can just be changed to a baseline perk system.

The first few times yes. But after that it will get old fast, because there is nothing in there for me to go after, or work toward. At least give me a chance for some kind of upgrade. even if it’s just cosmetic.

I think it would make great leveling content.

3 Likes

I hadn’t even thought about that but you are absolutely right. Leveling through torghast where like one night you just get insane powers and can level really fast, but other times it’s a waste of questing time.

I love having a feature like Torghast in the game. Maybe they can think about adding some leveling quests for each layer once Shadowlands is old content.

It would be great to have a solo/small group instance themed to each expansion. GIven how popular Torghast is likely to be, I hope that will end up being the case.

That or when casuals mass unsub because they can’t make progress in the game.

The only thing I ask is to continue to expand on anima powers and possibly loo at the anima power “drop rates”. I know Venari sells things that can make drops better but still…

I don’t know if it’s common, but I feel like by the time I finish a full run, over half of the anima powers I found weren’t even for my class. The amount of anima powers I receive that buff my night fae Soul Shape ability is beyond lame.

I honestly end up choosing the “gain 150/300 phantasma” way more often than I feel I should be - it’s not an exciting mechanic to find the power ball and just end up choosing Phantasma so many times. Class specific powers should definitely be the central focus. Not my night fae Soul Shape ability…

2 Likes

Horrific Visions is still there, and you can still complete objectives outside of the solo feat of strength, and maybe one or two other things, I don’t recall exactly.

The mage tower challenges only had a single objective tied to the appearance, which isn’t really typical.

Torghast will almost certainly still be there, it just won’t be relevant to max level characters in future expansions. If there is a solo challenge of some kind later in the expansion, then that particular objective will probably only last until the expansion ends.

As to adding some type of leveling quests, that would mean new additions later on. It’s a good idea, but right now the focus is still on the feature as part of max level content in this expansion.

I need another secret cow level in my life. It’s been a very long time.

1 Like

and this would make sense if I were not a druid, but I am…so I hardly use it. At all. I mean, I use it in rested areas, but almost never in the world because I’m a druid.

So when I get the “obtain x phantasma” or “do this thing to your fox form,” I just skip it and pick the other one.