Please Keep Fire Resistance/immunities in Molten Core

And don’t cave into mages/warlocks/shamans wanting to do fire damage to literal fire mobs. Having the fire immunes in the raid has always been, and will once again be, a refreshing change-up on the spec meta. Mages have to try to solve arcane/frost DPS, shamans have to play around without lava lash/lava burst damage, and warlocks have to lean into shadow. The game is better that way.

6 Likes

I bet you ride a horse to work still.

14 Likes

Yeah screw those meta warlock tanks.

3 Likes

95% of Shammies are all OP Enhance and Resto anyway. They get free loot. Enhance can use any weapon but swords and still do good damage.

How about no.

3 Likes

we have robots that bleed, you should expect fire elementals to be getting nuked to death by fire spells in 2024

2 Likes

Searing Pain is Meta’s primary threat generator. Blizzard is going to make it work on Fire Bosses for MC.

1 Like

Imagine hating a third of the playerbase for playing a class you don’t like.

4 Likes

Make it ice themed and really throw the player base off. That’d be so troll and great at the same time.

Molten Cube

2 Likes

My man, arcane and frost spec is solved. Frost spec still uses frostfire bolt currently, just as fire does. We have multi-damage type spells. We will be doing fire damage to mobs with it taking into account frost resistances instead. Frost spec currently out performs arcane significantly and is around the same output as fire.

GG no ree.

they’re gonna cave to the parse monkeys
fireballs will deal damage to fire elementals :clown_face:
so much for that classic feel.

2 Likes

Sounds dumb, if i wanted the exact same MC i’ve played before i would just go play normal Classic

3 Likes

“I want it to be different so therefore make it stupid” :roll_eyes:

Or your version “I don’t want change, I want to play what I’m used to please”

3 Likes

you could make the same argument against yourself, wanting to continue playing the same spec you’ve played since phase 1 of sod instead of being forced to adjust your spec to face fire immunes.

Which is the primary upside of having fire immunes in MC by the way. Unfortunate that most of the people in this thread aren’t smart enough to realize it

1 Like

Good point… they we should let enhance discover how to use swords!

1 Like

Yeah so groups with meta warlocks have to have the OT tank baron geddon and rag. Seems like a pretty natural way for the game to work

What they “should” do, IMO, is add a rune that converts fire damage to shadow damage so Meta locks can still be effective tanks while using primarily fire spells and not change anything in MC.

Mages still have arcane and frost specs so it is not that big of a deal for them.

warlocks are not entitled to tank every instance :expressionless: