PLEASE keep a permanent WOTLK era server for us blizzard!

i can’t even imagine them doing era tbc/wotlk servers it would hurt their pockets long term. it would kill the only hype they have left for another classic progression server wave. considering they’ve realized they were absolutely wrong when it came to classic servers and how much people wanted them. now they have to make them want it again.

5 Likes

yeah just let people play the expansion they enjoy, whether it’s tbc or wrath or classic

they have 3 versions of vanilla yet the other expansions are ignored…

15 Likes

Yea lets have 3 vanilla versions, each expansion and retail. Why not. Lets have 50 versions of wow for everyone. At that point you can remove the MMO in MMORPG.
At some point you have to realize that too many wow versions is not healthy. Just see how people complain that sod killed wrath.

1 Like

I’d love to see permanent wrath servers, it’s always been my favourite version of the game. I hope that we can see a way to keep our chatacters in their final level 80 form and have access to ICC, even if it’s just one Wrath Era server / Cluster

13 Likes

3 versions of boring old Vanilla, but no TBC or Wrath era- it sucks…they are giving Wrath abilities to vanilla so specs are not useless & rotations are not just ‘spam shadowbolt’

7 Likes

Would be great but they stated no plans to do so, just like TBC
RIP

Wrath would have been more fun if they left it alone & not changed specs, glyphs, etc

4 Likes

I agree its a bit odd

3 Likes

If I wanted to hear constant droning I’d sit next to an air conditioner.

If they do that you’ll be lucky to have one raid team per wrath era server. Just hope they make one wrath era server for the few of you. Then you might have one successful low pop wrath era server.

1 Like

Why keep them though. Ghosted for SoD.

1 Like

Even with sod, wrath servers are still popping. Better pay attention blizz.

Those that want wrath era, shouldn’t purchase cata…until they announce wrath era will be a thing.

7 Likes

Still plenty of people when I log into wrath. I have tried sod for 2 weekends and this weekend, back to wrath.

5 Likes

Just merge all the wrath servers into one or two mega server and there won’t be a problem ever with population

Also cross realm grouping in the group tool would help fill those raids when your server is lacking players to fill a raid, but merging servers would make this not needed

7 Likes

This is the most realistic way for Blizz to service wrath era players. I mentioned this in my “argument #2” of this post:

What are you trying to tell me and what does that have to do with what I said.
I’m glad you don’t enjoy sod?

Do it blizzard, dont lose players to pservers

9 Likes

so how would this work exactly? would it just be phase 5 forever? Would people actually play this? Like my server died the second SoD came out so it seems like it would be hard to maintain an actual player base but idk

1 Like

Besides that Phase 5 doesn’t exist, its just Phase 4 with Ruby, no just a very loud minority would actually play that and that is the issue: they are loud and the spam the forums with their army of alts.

2 Likes

Yah I remember. Really frustrating in my opinion.

I don’t think the average classic player would have even bought into the classic brand to begin with if we knew this was the future of classic. But we should have known.

I know I wouldn’t have. I would have been all like, yah. I don’t feel like playing classic. All my data is going to be deleted to make way for classic cata when that comes out with no way to play permanently on my favorite versions of the game any time I want to. No thanks.

We all bought into it. And now, we have a repeat of december 2010. Going forward to cataclysm classic. No option to go back. Well, we do have one option. Vanilla classic exists. But that isn’t what we want lol. I mean, the vanilla classic players are happy. The retail players are happy. The classic cata players are happy. Great. Us permanent wrath classic and permanent bc classic players might just be sol atm.

Hence why I don’t really have any motivation to play atm. On top of just being really busy. All about fear that wrath of the lich king servers might be gone in legal form forever.

10 Likes

None of your data is deleted. You simply progress to Cata. Why do people have to come up with these ridiculous arguments? Just say you want an eternal Wrath.

And what did you buy into? Blizz only ever promised eternal Vanilla servers…which still exist. We didn’t even know we’d get TBC or Wrath, or anything beyond Vanilla. At least you got to experience what you thought was a great expansion.

Maybe people should just focus on the present and enjoy playing the game.

4 Likes