Please increase the maximum zoom distance!

I can’t stand how close they force us in now, also since WoD the camera has behaved very differently and seems to get caught up in a lot of stuff, i can’t tell you how many times per dungeon that i have to adjust my view because the camera gets into a strange spot.

They need to stop making dungeons interiors that are sized like normal sized rooms, nobody wants to fight in a normal width hallway when they have to deal with crap spawning under their feet! lol

Why do people always come up with hyperbolic comments like this whenever people say that they want things to be as they were before, a lot of people were perfectly fine with the max camera distance before they changed them, then we used some crap to get around the new distance and they put a stop to it.

Asking for things to be as they were =/= wanting to play a tabletop game.

2 Likes

waycrest manor is a house… was it supposed to be designed like the roman coliseum

Of course not but it doesn’t need to be perfectly to scale either, 10 minutes ago i was playing a cow that was riding a magic rooster as a mount, i don’t think larger scale hallways are going to break the games realism levels.

This is correct, at the end of WoD (in the Legion pre-patch) Blizzard deliberately nerfed the max camera zoom, along with addons and macros that used to establish it.

Since they did this on purpose, I wouldn’t expect them to undo it. They even did their Usual Blizzard Thing where they nerfed it a ton, and there was a huge outcry, so they “compromised” by rolling back the nerf by 10%.

I actually took screenshots of Mannoroth (on whom this was obviously going to be an issue) showing before, after, and after-after.

Here’s a link to the gallery (the preview is pre-nerf only, click to see the other images).
https://imgur.com/a/HrSye

1 Like

Yes!

/10char

Signed. It gets a bit claustrophobic sometimes especially for tanks. Its not unplayable but I do find myself scrolling out all the time to try and get a better view. I wonder why this was changed.

1 Like

To be honest its not about ‘making things as they were’. Its about making the game as fun and efficient as possible. If I can’t zoom out beyond the current limit, then my abilities are hampered because of Blizzard’s decision to limit our view. The only past reference I would make is something like Terminal Velocity where you could zoom out as much as you needed. Diablo has this same issue imho.

i disagree, i love max zoom but this was hilarious