Please increase the gold you can transfer for Cata

Currently as it sits its only 25k. With the amount of gold you can make during WOTLK I would ask blizzard to increase the amount of gold you can transfer with your character. Thank you.

What do you mean? same gold same characters enter cata

Server transfers

its unlimited with the FREE transfers.

I see. Excuse my ignorance :stuck_out_tongue:

I am well aware but with the plan change is to go horde for myself and my guild. We want to transfer to a server with greater horde population but with cap of 25k gold it is extremely difficult to move the amount of gold you have at the end of WOTLK.

Can you guild transfer in Cata? That is probably the more efficient way to do it ifs in the game at that point.

If you trust your guildies, you can distribute your gold. Not everybody has the max. amount of G. I certainly never had 25K gold in Wrath :smiley:

I raised this same question a couple of weeks ago, but because the faction on my server has died (Atiesh Horde). They have no intention of allowing moves off of this server. To the OP’s point, making gold in wrath wasn’t difficult and even with a 6 character move bundle I won’t be able to move all of my gold to the server all my friends have already transferred to.

I understand the cap is to be raised in Cata, but some clarity would be welcome - some folks mention that it doesn’t take effect until 81 which seems very silly. I have to level all my alts to 81 before I can move them to a new server? That’s a really horrible way to go about this if you ask me.

It’s an easy win for blizzard to just bump the xfer cap to 50, 100, or 250k, which isn’t unreasonable seeing as they already raised the character gold limit to 1M (a couple weeks ago)

1 Like

I agree! I made the mistake thinking since my realm was being shut down (alliance dominated realm) I could use the free transfer to a horde dominated realm then just pay for faction change.

I had 6 characters with each over 200k gold stuck as alliance on a horde dominated realm with transfer gold cap of 25k.

There is no reason to have a gold cap for transferring at this point with basically 4 realms for cata classic

Would be great if Blizzard updated https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/34787, seeing as the client says Cataclysm Classic, and tells us what the gold transfer cap is TODAY versus what it will be on 5/20. Seeing as Cataclysm Classic isn’t available, we can’t assume what the transfer cap is, and before I buy more transfers than I need I would like to know how many I need to transfer my gold. Thanks!

You’re telling me…I have 685k and only 8 lvl 80s…I’m supposed to just leave 285k behind?