Please include more social rules and adjustments for LGBT and Minority Communities

I’ve read there are going to be more rules implemented into a future game patch that adds lines in our report player such as adding in “gameplay sabotage” or “trolling”. I’m very happy for this as well as the social contract that was announced earlier. I think this contract should need to be accepted on a monthly basis to help remind everyone to be courteous to others.

I also want to address that lgbt and minority groups are a targeted by trolls and people with ill intent. There should be an option in-game to help report players like these such as adding in “homophobic or transphobic” to help address this issue. There’s been a lot of times I’ve been unable to report someone because there’s very few options to actually report from.

I think you’re going in the right direction but there’s much room to be done with helping curve toxicity in our very diverse and inclusive environment!

31 Likes

Agree 100%.

Let’s just hope they actually enforce it.

7 Likes

A right step into purging the toxicity from the community.
I also would love more report options.

7 Likes

I will not say that this does not exist in the actual game, but such an option could be heavily abused. The words are often thrown around on forum threads so much that it becomes almost like “crying wolf.” The only thing that ends up saving them is their nature by being highly improper behavior. Still though, in many instances they can be highly opinion driven (see forms again) and leave a grey area regarding if the action/statement is true or not.

30 Likes

It’s up to blizzard to decide, but it should make it easier to identify the offense. Half of trade chat could be described as such if I’m being at all honest.

2 Likes

OP, you realize that the reporting feature is already in the game right? When people violate the ToS, and you go to report them, you will get a form where you can write a description of what they did. I recommend you be very detailed and save screenshots of the ToS violations.

Keep in mind that Blizzard will only police what happens in the game, so if you’re in some random discord channel with idiots, I highly recommend you do yourself a favor and leave it, or in the vary least report them to the person who runs the channel/server.

If they don’t want to deal with jerks, then you know you’re in the wrong place.

54 Likes

Like you.

Stop dragging us into your concern trolling nonsense. We do not consent.

112 Likes

thank you.

1 Like

yes but the options for reporting are very limited.

If their mothers couldn’t do it after 18 years, I doubt a monthly reminder is going to pull them into line.

9 Likes

Not really, for what you’re looking for, I am assuming it falls under language since it would be something written to you in a chat. The nice thing about the blizzard reporting system is the fact that you can write about what happened.

I have done this and have had GMs respond telling me that they are dealing with the issue. The worst thing they could do is to create a more complicated system with sub-menus that people have to go through in order to report someone. If they do this, then less people would make reports.

6 Likes

It’s a nice idea, BUT coming from you (the OP), it’s poisoned water. Anything you had to say comes with a taint about it, I have seen your post history.

43 Likes

Talonel is at it again I see. Because we didn’t have enough of these threads already.

It’s literally the exact same system we’ve always had. Nothing changes.

Moving on.

28 Likes

all they have to do is add a couple more options it doesn’t require a complicated sub menu. and no if i find that the item i’m looking for is not under the report option i usually don’t bother since i think im wasting the gm’s time or they’ll view it as an abuse of the report system. it could also use a dropbox to write comments if it’s a specific issue that should require attention like telling me to go kill myself. (yes i was actually told this completely out of the blue.)

1 Like

How? They look at the chat logs.

Legit question…
How would anyone know if your a boy/girl or whatever unless you tell them. And why would you tell them if you know that you will probably be talked trash to? I mean, I don’t tell anyone anything that I am a man, nor has anyone ever asked me. So I’m just trying to see how someone would know what you are unless you tell them.

Am i missing something here?

28 Likes

Even though I’m posting this in a troll thread, I’ll add something here that may be helpful.

I cant speak to gender issue because I was born a boy and being a man suits me. The same thing gets asked about LGBT+ relationships though and I can speak to that. People say “How do people know you’re gay unless you tell them?” This is because conversation happens, if anything comes up about partners (or you even use the word partner instead of “GF”) people start digging. “Partner?” “You said Boyfriend, are you a girl?” Along with many other permutations of the same question: “You gay bro?”. So you become a master at avoiding these conversations, or don’t involve yourself in the community at all because “Shoving it in our face” etc.

This is all to say: it may not be obvious to us how gender impacts certain people playing the game, it also may not be obvious how people find this stuff out. I can assure you though, they do find it out.

5 Likes

That makes sense then. And your right, “partner” isn’t something I would call my wife. But still, if someone asks if your whatever why tell them if you know what will happen? I know we all need to be kind to one another and all that. But if I was in that situation in a video game I wouldn’t let anyone know anything about me.

2 Likes

Alot of people do avoid saying indicators as much as they can, as I mentioned, sometimes it’s not enough, there are many subtle ways to tell, even a slip of the tongue/letting guard down and just being yourself.

The problem with this is: it’s exclusion. Having to actively avoid social interaction (this is messed up, hope you realise just how messed up) because of who they are as people might result in an unintentional slip-up in conversation that suddenly outs them.

I appreciate you having the discussion with me as well Fate. This is all it takes for more understanding, for you and for myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure that really sux. I myself have never had to deal with that kind of issue.

Take care, and peace out…

2 Likes