Please implement SOM anti boosting

These gold farming mages are ruining wow classic, please put in the SOM changes

1 Like

Would be nice, but it needs a couple of adjustments to avoid causing disruption to legitimate dungeon play. Currently the anti boost mechanic will kick on when the mobs are grey to even just one of the party members. This can be a huge problem in dungeons with a relatively wide level spread, such as Ulduman.

The anti boost mechanic shouldn’t activate until at least a 15 level difference. This will make all but ZG boosting completely dead. To kill ZG boosting, just apply the anti boost mechanic to raid groups as well.

Funny thing is these “gold farming mages” are what keep era alive. Without a constant stream of new alts cycling into raiding rotation era would flatline. you people barely understand the ecosystem in which you exist

Megaserver problems

Nah just remove XP from raid mobs.

That’s kind of an interesting idea. Removing xp from raid mobs wouldn’t prevent people from learning or practicing the large aoe pulls, so they could still do them for farming gold or items, or just for fun.

I suppose the question is why?

I mean, go ahead and make whatever changes you want, but why?

I’m curious what the desired or expected outcome is.

Raids were never intended for farming XP. I’m leery of implementing the full swathe of antiboost mechanics because of how it may inadvertently impact legitimate play in smaller raid groups.

Removing XP from raids eliminates the possibility to powerlevel in those areas.

Oh yeah, I suppose. Why is that desirable though?

Why not just let people who want to boost do so?

They can do that in dungeons, not raids.

This design inent is evident by the requirement to form a raid in order to enter these locations and the strict questprogress/XP penalties present while in a raid.

Sure. I guess I’m just missing the point of why anybody cares.

1 Like

The problem is the bots and RMTs.

The SoM changes did a lot to cut down on bots at the expense of player agency.

The answer is more game masters who can quickly respond to complaints and investigate obviously suspcious activity. But that would cost money, which Blizz has shown to interest in spending to help Era or WotLK.

2 Likes

Yea that’s the true fix.

1 Like

The same question could be posed to players that post in Classic Era threads after having admitted to quitting.

Era was fine without the boosts, now its harder than back when classic was dead to form groups…for the long term health of classic something needs to be done even if the only change is xp is cut to 1% when you have a party member that mobs are grey to

What would this do that would lead to a healthier game?

So then we agree? This is a megaserver problem. The solution is already in place. Further accommodation for these realms at the expense of the smaller ones in wholly unnecessary.

If theyre getting boosted they werent going to group with you anyway. Without the boost they more than likely wouldnt have made the character. Then the realm would be just as dead aa Despitebeings realm is.

2 Likes