Please I beg of you please fix Customer Support

Not being a jerk. I am being honest. Some people take honesty as being a jerk some reason

It’s intentionally made that way to reduce tickets, since people don’t bother after the eleventh useless automated reply.

CS used to be so good at Blizz, I’d have long talks with senior gms after they fixed problems. :frowning:

2 Likes

I can’t find the guide on Wowhead anywhere.

The problem there is one of the big problems in WoW these days IMO in that your expected to look outside the game to most easily deal with problems and issues within the game.

1 Like

How is this a user problem? It’s a horrid set up. Even a couple years ago it was much better then it is today.

1 Like

Doubt since making ticketing too “accessible” results in tons of stupid tickets. I’d like to imagine ticket wait times improved?

Actually the google search algorithms are way better than the one that Blizzard uses. You can zero in on what you want a lot more easily with the right keywords.

1 Like

This is by design OP. It will not change in your favour.

Doubtful. It’s been about the same despite.

no… I remember ticket times took weeks to get answered back in vanilla, BC and wrath. Now, it’s down to a day or two. Problem is people are still putting tickets in for stuff the GMs cannot help with.

2 Likes

It’s been 24 hours since WOD my friend. the new system hasn’t changed anything.

Yeah, their CS system and the delivery method for learning about major expansion features (aka “Please visit WoWhead to learn more”) has been laughably bad for a while now. I don’t know when it got this crappy, but I definitely noticed it in BfA.

If my solution to an unhappy client’s problem was to tell them to navigate a poorly designed self-service app and then I directed them to a third party website to learn more about OUR product or told them “just google it”, my boss would ream me out.

Not sure why anyone in here is trying to simp for them.

3 Likes

Sounds like a user error as well, because you didn’t explore your options.

There’s literally a Help button on the screen.

yeah, the CS system took a turn for the worse in BFA. Used to be file a ticket and wake up the next morning to a response, but now it’s navigate the horrid abomination designed to try to get you to look at a third-party website or forums where CS doesn’t even frequent anymore before filing a ticket that will still get responded to in the same amount of time as before the horrid system was put in place. It sucks and should be abolished.

1 Like

I remember when they would give you live support, they would finish with the standard customer service “is there anything else I can help you with today” and if you asked for something small but absurd you might get it, or they would have jokes or pull pranks on you like a short polymorph. I still have the shovels a GM gave me.

1 Like

It depends on what is going on at the time. Support handles all Blizzard games and services so any major patch or game release can result in an influx of tickets driving up response time.

This has always been the case. WoW is a game where players are supposed to explore and discover things on their own. Most of the time that is cool, but not always. Regardless, Blizzard GMs have never been allowed to give game hints. They want players to discuss the game with other players to get tips on how to do a quest, where something is, etc. This is intentional. That said, the game is a lot more intuitive and there are a lot more helpful tools in it today than there were in the early days. Quest directions, highlights on maps, glowing quest objectives/chars/items, etc. Those did not exist to start with.

If they have free time that is cool. I loved it too. I think the last one I had was about Texas BBQ. BUT in reality chit chatting is not something most companies let their staff do because it means another customer is waiting in line without help.

If you have issues with the CS system and need help with it, you would want to post on the CS forum. That forum is an Information Desk with folks that will help you navigate the ticket system, find the self help tools you need, explain policies, etc. There are no GMs there, but the forum support agents and regulars can reduce your frustration and prevent you from wasting time by giving you the info you need.

In your case, the stuck tool is a self help tool you can access from inside the game in most cases.

3 Likes

There’s always one.

“Hey this is annoying and could be better.”

Some random dude on the forums wElL ACKSHullY. Suggestions for improving a faulty/annoying system aren’t an attack on you personally.

2 Likes

I mean, obviously. The lack of that isn’t the problem, if that’s how you are reading it.

1 Like

It’s definitely a hassle to put in a ticket now OP, completely agree with you. The wait times never bothered me but I felt like I was actually being helped. Now I feel like I have to jump through all these hoops and the person on the other end is more concerned with just closing a ticket instead of actually helping.

I miss getting a whisper from a GM talking about my situation and if there was anything more they could do to help. The old customer service was the cornerstone of Blizzard for me and it felt like they were actually trying to help. Now it’s a toss up if someone is actually going to try and help me or not. I’ve had a couple times where I’ve really questioned if the GM read my ticket based on the response.

Something’s gotta change.

1. Most issues don’t require personal interaction with GMs.
  2. They are unlikely to go back to talking to players to resolve tickets for most issues. It’s inefficient. It can make issues take longer to resolve because you aren’t in the game 24/7.
  3. Complaining about how bad it is won’t change anything. They need specifics. What part do you not like? What changes do you feel it needs? What specifically needs to be improved? Give Blizzard something to work with.
  4. Agreeing that something needs to be changed doesn’t mean everyone agrees on what needs changing or how they feel it should be changed.
  5. Being snarky about using Google isn’t helpful. There is nothing wrong with using Google. People use Google because they are familiar with it.
1 Like