Please Give Fear Ward to All Priests in SoM 2 (or Classic +)

I want to play a priest for the next SoM #2 classic fresh on ally side, but I don’t want to be forced to play a drawf priest or be spit on and despised (even if it’s a friendly casual guild, they’ll be saddened). If the raid fights during next season are going to be even harder and/or have more mechanics like new fears, please consider all the priests that enjoy being a human or night elf but feel like they can’t even play those races knowing they’ll not be bringing an important buff to the raid on fights that make it very helpful to have. I’ve read past posts on this topic where few people say just play what race you want, but it’s still a sucky feeling when you know it’ll benefit certain raid fights if you had it if you played a drawf. And the majority of people still comment that it’s just too OP not to play a drawf priest and play horde if you don’t pick drawf lol.

If anything I wish fear ward wasn’t a thing until it became a baseline spell for all priests for both factions. I love vanilla overall but this is an example of where I feel so restricted and would love the class 100% if I could pick the race I want without such a negative trade off. I don’t want to play a drawf I want to play a female night elf priest lol. I love the female night elf healing animation the most. Being tall, able to do flips, and getting a saber cat mount without exalted rep grind are all just bonuses for me too lol.

Basically, Blizzard, if you are making any class changes for SoM #2 or secretly working on classic + content (like mana changes to balance druids, elemenetal shamans, shadow priests, prot paladins, and other class changes, etc.) please consider an early racial spell like fear ward that made night elf priests a rare sight to see because of how OP it was! Maybe make it a baseline ability for all priests or just replace it with something else that is less OP that going another race wouldn’t cause the issues I pointed out above but not making drawf healers feel worthless either. Maybe just give them the same spirit buff as humans (rename it of course), they already share that desperate prayer heal anyways…

If no changes for next SoM # 2 or classic +, sadly I’ll still pick a drawf priest because I don’t want to let others down due to how OP that spell is. Sigh

Compromise: pick dwarf, play shadow instead of healing.

LOL. “You said in your post that you wanted +1 drawf priest. You never said anything about me healing!”

1 Like

I DO think they need to give out fear war to all priests, but what would we add to give to dwarf priests as their unique racial?

1 Like

Just give them the same spirit buff as humans (rename it) since they already share the desperate heal ability. If they tried something else it could still be something OP broken. Better to play it safe…

I agree!
Also TBC version of priest racial would be good.
Bonus points for warlocks, give them curse of elements TBC and not shadows + elements.

<3 Above all this give as a @$#%ing release date for SOM2 <3 thnx bliz

1 Like

Is not having fear ward preventing you from being able to clear content or do you just want op abilities.

Yeah bro. Let’s play tbc instead!

1 Like

This is a community created problem no a game design problem

Yeah. Even when I played first SoM, one of my priest friends was a human and whenever we did a fight where fear ward would be handy, I’m thinking in my head “I wish you were a drawf” lol. But if the spell was baseline or just taken away I wouldn’t have those thoughts. And yes, we can clear all content w/o a drawf priest, but too many ppl in the community expect you to roll drawf and are looked down upon or even if they’re nice ppl they can still think “although this fight would have gone easier if you were drawf haha” or may have prevented the wipe.

I just don’t want to deal with all that crap so would give in and play a drawf even though my heart wishes I could play night elf priest…sigh

nope.
i like how fear ward makes dwarf priests super special

you want to give dwarves “The Human Spirit” as a racial, huh :expressionless:

2 Likes

That wall of text all equals dwarf hate. I thought we lived in the current year.

1 Like

female dwarf healing animation with the double braided hairstyle aka twirly braids is bis

1 Like

Nah it’s a wall of text saying we shouldn’t have to pick drawfs when playing an ally priest in order to not be looked down upon unfavorably by 80% of the playerbase in raids.

Yes, the female dwarf hair flying is my go to when I play priest since I can’t play female NE priest without being judged.

yikes
parse culture is cancelling dwarf culture
this is terrible

big ups

I mean, I think a version of SoM is exactly the kind of place we should try things like making racials a selected option - for example: Pick one active and one passive. Pick a weapon skill. Even choose one or two of the race specific talents (for priest).

1 Like

I played a night elf priest in SoM and had zero trouble getting into raids. They might make fun of you for your race but at the end of the day, people need healers.

Helicopter braids are win.

1 Like