Please Fix Warden Transmog Night/Day Color Shifts

Due to a glitch, someone got the achievement for the 12mo trading post Warden transmog:

So it is officially confirmed that as this set currently exists in the game, it changes color depending on time of day.

This is a neat idea and should remain an option for those who WANT this feature—but for anyone who likes being creative and making unique sets out of various pieces of armor, this is awful. What kind of reward is this, that essentially forces players to use the FULL set unless they want to look like a mismatched clown for half the day?

This is so unnecessary and disappointing for people who enjoy creativity. Please fix this by adding static, unchanging color variants, like how you have two versions of the Stormrider’s Attire. The green and white models obviously already exist so this should not be a difficult change.

I’ve been looking forward to this for almost a year now, but if this doesn’t change, I will never be able to use this mog, as my character is not a Warden.

EDIT: There’s also a highly upvoted post on r/wow right now about this topic! Check it out & give it an upvote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/18bfks9/blizzard_please_have_the_12months_warden_set/

21 Likes

Definitely sounds like one of those things that is cool on paper but not in practice.

Unless you’re wearing the full set, for half of the day your mog will be completely mismatched. And even if you are wearing the full set, maybe you just don’t want to be a “sun warden” or a “moon warden”.

People have just wanted the original warden armor since vanilla but they felt the need to stick some gimmick to it.

No golden sun glow orbs or eyes, no changing to bright white at night time.

6 Likes

Agreed. I love the white variant and think some of the pieces would look very nice if worked into a transmog on my main. But there’s no need to make players lose the green variant for half the day when they’ve been wanting it for so long.

4 Likes

Upvoting for visibility.

6 Likes

Please Blizzard! Let us make the choice (:

7 Likes

Reddit post currently has over 500 upvotes on this topic! The comments are remarkably unanimous. Even those who like the color-changing feature want it to be optional for those who don’t. The people have spoken.

6 Likes

I think the color changing aspect is interesting, but if they are going to do that, They should include a matching color changing mount and weapons.

1 Like

They already did the mount. I think it was the 1st monthly reward for trading post stuff.
It’s fluorescent orange in day time, and white at night.

2 Likes

Nobody is denying it’s interesting! What we are denying is this notion that it should be a mandatory feature rather than an optional one. It should take very little resources for them to just make split it into 3 versions: green, white, and color-changing. But it would exponentially increase the usefulness of the set. So many more people would implement pieces of it into their transmogs if they made this change.

I hate the color changing stuff. I wish the shop pet “Shadow” could just be a tan colored fennec the whole time. I do not want purple.

1 Like

I agree. I’m only interested in the green version, I don’t care about the white one and I certainly don’t want it to change colors. They should give us the 3 versions.

5 Likes

I was so sad to see this when I saw someone talking about it over on Twitter. I love both versions and have some nelves that I believe would fit both colors but also make the set a bit more unique and personal with adding some other transmog options… though since the colors change, I guess thats a dud. D:

I do admit the idea is an interesting concept but why not make a sun/moon dedicated themed set instead of a obvious warden set?

1 Like

No idea how it works on the back end, but maybe an NPC you could talk to to toggle the appearance like the Orc Heritage banner would be a good solution.

1 Like

This would be fine, but also tbh I think the easiest solution is to just create 3 separate versions of the set. Kind of like how with the Stormrider’s Attire, you’ve got the basic version, then you’ve got the lightning-magicy version. Same set, but just slightly different. But they’re listed separately in the transmog collection.

1 Like

I hope blizzard fixes this issue, but I actually feared it would be worse.

I figured we’d get the yellow/green this year, and the white version after another 12 months of trading posts. You know, “evergreen content”.

As much as this would suck, I’d honestly prefer it over what we have now. At least then I could feel confident that I’d be able to use this set after 2 years of grinding for it, instead of where I’m currently at, which is: never going to use this set.

But yeah, that’d still be pretty scummy to lock it behind a 2 year grind, agreed.

1 Like