Please fix ret paladin

there is nothing qing but ret war fw jungle cupid and boomy comps. Ret external CDs are way too low of CD and causing comps to be immortal.

sanc and sac 90s cd minimum and double freedom removed. All the ret players had the last 7 seasons to collect rewards completely free it’s time to actually address it, not just a rework that makes them a plate wizard.

4 Likes

My dude they are done with tuning since season 3. Gotta get used to it until the expansion. Have a good time in MoP remix and level a new class to 70 for retail. This is it for Dragonflight

yeah and im gonna be sick to my stomach if TWW is just ret/war players running 1 target down and overlapping every cd the entire expansion

Have you seen warrior changes? They’re nasty man. Longer shockwave, massive executes, execute cd resets, charge gives them 70% speed boost and removes all movement impairing effects, and they can use shockwave during brostorm

Rets didn’t look too crazy in their tree. I recall some other class basically getting divine steed but I can’t recall which one got it. It casts divine steed and freedom basically on their self, but it wasn’t ret or warrior

Edit: it was death knights. They get an ability that lets them use “death charger” so they run at 100% speed for 10 seconds and can’t be slowed and immune to ‘forced movement effects’ whatever that means.

1 Like

Itll never change. Kits, mobility, cc, cds will get progressively worse and worse. Its “fun” in pve.

3 Likes

That and Ion flat out said bgs are his fav. I expect classes to continue to receive adjustments based almost exclusively around bgblitz (after the pve adjustments of course) for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Unironically as it should be. Tuning everything around 3v3 has done more damage to pvp than anything in wow and I will die on this hill.

6 Likes

Just remove 1 min sac, everything else has always been there and there’s plenty of white noise about it.

Maaaaybe make double freedom or undispellable freedom a choice, that about it.

1 Like

I’m not necessarily arguing against you here. Arena has been my bread and butter in wow for a while now. I’m down to give something else a go.

Reject modernity (arena). Embrace tradition (battlegrounds and wpvp).

1 Like

I dont know what spec you play, or would prefer to be strong.

For Ret, Forbearance, 4-5min CD defensives that can be removed early, no mortal strike, no disarm, no instant movement, weak off and weak self healing(about 30 currently active pvp specific nerfs to abilities, talents, and pvp talents), Blessing of Spellwarding doesnt even ward off spells if the spells are a CC. This has Ret as a B tier spec on their own, but can do ok if their team comp can pick up the slack caused by Rets vulnerability.
In Arena, if the team fighting the Ret does not have a dispell it helps the Ret, but Ret sees success only if, their teammates provide a strong MS, lots more CC than Ret has, and are very durable on their own. Ret is kinda garbage if their teammates dont make up for Rets poor design and tuning.

1 Like

Wake should stun Demon Hunters in Meta (they’re evil demons)

11 Likes

That’s exactly why I don’t play 3’s anymore. There’s always a couple comps that are dominant. With shuffle, it’s at least random.

1 Like

I was told, on the Alpha Wake no longer stuns anything. Which might be good with the pvp gems gifting 15%damage reduction to CCed targets for 6 seconds.

From the videos I’ve seen of Alpha, WW and Firemage look like they are winning big time, tuning pending.

The only problem with forbearance is when there’s more than one Paladin and someone inexplicably throws LOH.

I mean Divine Shield is 3 and a half. There aren’t really enough warriors and priests queueing to be upset that Divine Shield is dispellable. This isn’t Shadowlands anymore.

This is true. I wish Ret healing was more meaningful.

And Ret still pumps even with all these nerfs

Spellwarding is an S+ tier ability. It just isn’t a flawless ability. Spellwarding is insane and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong.

This is patently incorrect. Ret hasn’t been B tier since the end of BFA (and it was C even, it was pretty bad). Ret is easily in the S tier for 3s and A tier for shuffle. The drop to A tier in shuffle is only due to the facts that (1) the lack of communication that extends the Ret toolkit almost indefinitely and (2) the amount of specs that Ret is good with is a really short list.

Ret is definitely not a B tier. If it feels like it, it is probably a you issue. Ret is amazing.

1 Like

yeah ret cope, ret war fw is the least effort required for biggest results.

Oh yeah, and if I spend 3 talent points to have Bop and BoS with 4 min CDs if I BoP anyone, I cannot BoS anyone for 4min and vis versa. 2 defensives, if both are used I get 16 seconds of uptime combined after 4min and 8seconds(If they are not removed early).

i dont even have a bind for BOS and i rarely use sanc correctly

1 Like

When I played Ret, who was being attacked got Sac, and I would SoV myself at the same time. BoSpellwarding has its uses, stops all magic damage for its short duration. It is a good, gtf off me button for casters and DH. I have a weak aura for Sanctuary that works in Arena if I have a healer.

This is why you don’t spend points to reduce BoP duration. You only take both against a melee/caster team where either can kill independently. Why would you spec into BoP against magic damage team? Why would you use Spellwarding against a physical team?

This is just a case of you mismanaging your talent points.