Please fix Raw Mouse Input

Alot of people reporting issues with either camera sens spiking randomly, camera jerking around, or cursor snapping to the middle of the screen, etc.

A common solution to all of these is usually to enable Raw Mouse Input with "/console rawMouseEnable 1", with some also needing to tweak comparability settings and so on.

But now, with raw mouse input enabled the cursor can sometimes jump in the direction you're turning--- It seems to be because the cursor stays active behind the game client as you turn.

It seems to attempt to snap back to its original position after you release the mouse button from turning and fails to snap back very often if you turn too quickly.
It also happens very often if the cursor ends up outside the game window and onto another monitor.

Please fix this! The camera runs very smoothly and makes the game a lot more enjoyable to play with this setting turned on, and could be a potential fix for several other issues, so I think it's well worth the effort.
3 Likes
SET rawMouseEnable "1"
SET rawMouseAccelerationEnable "0"

type that
07/23/2018 07:51 PMPosted by Zorop
SET rawMouseEnable "1"
SET rawMouseAccelerationEnable "0"

type that

Already tested this, the results are the same. The issue isn't that the cursor moves unreliably... It's that the cursor will be in a different position than where it was after camera turning, it's supposed to be locked where you click and stay there.

Other common other issues I've tried in combination with this:
    Disabling DPI scaling in compatibility
    Setting to run as admin
    Setting to run in other other compatibility settings of windows
    Disabling windows 10 full screen optimizations
    Disabling pointer acceleration in system settings
    [I've been at this for a few days so I'll add more as I remember them]

Alot of issues are being reported with cursors and camera, and almost always the solution seems to be Raw Mouse Input, but it seems to come with its own annoying cursor bug attatched.

I haven't seen people talking about this bug until posts that are after this patch. So it seems to be a new bug. If it can be fixed, then it will fix many others with it.
Hi Enthyx

I saw your post on another thread mentioning that you reported things here. It looks like you have tried a fair number of solutions. Over the past few months I have compiled a list of possible solutions for these mouse/camera issues. Take a look through see if you haven't already tried anything.

(1) In the mouse software lower "Polling Rate" to 100 - 125 range.

(2) If you have Razer Synapse software check that the Razer "Stats" software is not enabled. Open Synapse - along top bar is "Stats". Open that - if enabled - disable "Data Tracking" in the Stat's settings.

(3) Try disabling Foreground FPS limiter on Menu > System > Advanced.

(4) If you have a Wacom device you might disable things there or temporarily uninstall the Wacom drivers to test.

(5) Enable the rawMouse CVar. Open a chat box then copy/paste this line. Ctrl + V will paste it.

/script SetCVar("rawMouseEnable", 1);

To check that the script worked go to the Wow folder > WTF - look for the Config file. Open with notepad. This should be at the bottom of CVar list:

SET rawMouseEnable "1" (0 - zero is off)

(If it doesn't help - then while rawMouse is still active toggle "Hardware Cursor" on or off)

(6) On Battle.net App under "Options" Go to Game Settings > General - scroll down then check that Hardware Acceleration is enabled.

(7) *(The settings below are a Windows 10 feature - they have proven to be problematic - you would want to make the changes to avoid other issues as well)

Navigate to the main Wow folder. Down near the bottom of the list are 3 Wow icons (W) icons. World of Warcraft Launcher, Wow and Wow-64.

Right click on the Wow-64 icon. Select "Properties" at bottom of list. Then select "Compatibility" tab along top of next pane.

At the bottom of that select (check) "Disable Fullscreen Optimization"

Then do the same on the World of Warcraft Launcher icon.

(8) Disable NVidia Share then close Geforce Experience
2 Likes
Thank you for the nicely compiled list, this would have been very nice a few days ago when I was pulling my hair out trying to hunt down solutions lol.

Unfortunately I have indeed tried each of these already, and results still stayed the same.
Except for disabling hardware acceleration in the blizzard launcher, which I just tried as soon as I read it and it didn't seem to do anything at all.

I'm pretty confident that there is something actually bugged with the rawMouse CVar, the way it behaves when enabled is clearly not as intended and nothing changes the behaviour--- And of course I've tested all of these solutions with it both off and on.
1 Like
Hey folks,

We actually are aware of issues with the RawMouseEnable 1 setting causing the mouse to move intermittently while right clicking. This is something our Quality Assurance team is investigating, but we don't have an ETA on a fix currently. Something I'm curious about - do the steps above work around the issue while RawMouseEnable 0 is set instead?
Ive tried all solutions listed above and others, none have worked. Issue for me started right when 8.0 launched.
2 Likes
no luck for me either. this is critical issue to considering stop playing wow
1 Like
Ok So I am not crazy my mouse is doing odd stuff. I have also tried both suggested solutions and they do not work
I keep having this issue that when I click with my left mouse from one mob to the other the mouse resets and hides to the middle of the screen
A fix to this would be so awesome. :D
This was annoying the hella out of me, using the above code, fixed it.

/script SetCVar("rawMouseEnable", 1);
07/26/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Drakuloth
Hey folks,

We actually are aware of issues with the RawMouseEnable 1 setting causing the mouse to move intermittently while right clicking. This is something our Quality Assurance team is investigating, but we don't have an ETA on a fix currently. Something I'm curious about - do the steps above work around the issue while RawMouseEnable 0 is set instead?

bump. please fix this
bump
this bug affects gameplay, i missed a cap totem in arena and a trap on my hunter because of this mouse bug. please fix this, its on your guys end not ours.
2 Likes

I have tried many of the solutions I have found through out the great internet. Changed mouse raw from 1 to 0, fix seems temporary as a few seconds later the issue returns. I have disabled all overlays, played with mouse DPI and non of these seem to fix the random times at which the game does not recognize my left or right click inputs. This makes arena as a warrior near impossible to keep up with fast moving healers or dps. Blizzard, I get that BFA has been in beta for some time now… please just simply fix the mouse input so I can atleast play. Something as simple as user interface should not have this issue.

1 Like

Tried everything in the list.

Nothing worked. Three different mouse tested.

I am finding it hard to enjoy the game when turning is so unresponsive and leads to many issues in mythic raiding and mythic+.

This need to be the top priority, it is adversely affecting gameplay and the enjoyment of the game.

1 Like

Bump, this just started happening to me couple days ago. tried a new mouse and it still does the same thing. When right/left clicking my curser would jump. very very very annoying… all other games things play smooth as it should be. this is not good for you and me.

I pre-ordered Battle For Azeroth – and this was an issue when it came out. I couldn’t bare it anymore after several weeks of playing with it then, so I left. I got excited for the new Shadowlands expansion, and decided to start leveling toons afresh in anticipation – alas, this REMAINS an issue – nearly two years later. Is there still no ETA on a fix? If dropping fullscreen can’t be done gracefully and you still can’t figure out how to patch the issue that so many users have had to endure for two years – wouldn’t it be better to return to fullscreen?

1 Like

I’ve never had these issues before until yesterday; which I attribute to patch 8.3.7… wondering if anyone else is now having issues?

1 Like