Please Fix C'Thun

No, we want the boss to work as it was intended. The 10s wait was a bandaid fix to a bug that appeared with patch 1.12 and was fixed a month later with patch 1.12.1 to the way it originally and was intended to work.

Wrong, he instantly casts eye beam when you aggro him. Since you are lvl 120 you don’t aggro him until you are really close or attack him. It was instant when AQ was first released, it was instant when TBC released, it only had a 10s wait time for 1 month during 1.12. While it might be true to the reference client, it was only ever meant as a temporary change and should be fixed.

"We’re in the process of investigating C’Thun’s behavior in Patch 1.12. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to fully fix the encounter without a new client build. We’re hoping to get a Patch 1.12.1 together in the next few weeks that will fix the problem.

In the meantime, we’re working on a Hotfix that will temporarily give players more time to enter his room without suffering extreme consequences. We hope to have this hotfix up soon.

Apologies."

“A hotfix has been applied to all realms which should make entering C’Thun’s room more feasible.
In 1.12.1 a cleaner, better fix will be applied. But for the meantime, the encounter should be doable.”

1 Like

You think the developers intended for people to be summoned around the world and exploit mind controlling and killing your own NPCs to raid with 30% more HP and 80% more damage and tuned the raids around it? Hahaha. They couldn’t imagine players in 2020.

If you aren’t going to fix world buffs what does it even matter, this version of C’thun works just as well. Players obviously don’t want to fight the boss the way the developers intended.

2 Likes

You don’t have to get world buffs, they are a player made problem. This is a Blizzard made problem and something players can’t do anything about.

1 Like

You are reaching so much its comical

This thread is about a boss mechanic and youre desperately trying to make it about some optional in game buff

1 Like

You don’t see the extreme irony of trying to make C’thun every so slightly more difficult (this version of C’thun was in vanilla, so it’s legitimate) while stuff that outrageously breaks the game isn’t touched?

5 Likes

it’s not so much about the difficulty but instant eye beam being the iconic mechanic of C’thun. Ofc this also drastically reduces the difficulty and planning required to enter the room which is not exactly a good thing either.

2 Likes

People are debating a vanilla mechanic. The mechanic was in vanilla, the buffs were in vanilla.

1 Like

And the version of C’thun that doesn’t eye-beam for 10 seconds was in vanilla. What’s the problem?

Unless of course, you wanted the content to be more challenging…?

just ignore the troll, this NEEDS to get fixed

4 Likes

Did you not read my post? It was a bandaid fix, it’s not how the boss is supposed to work.

I havent made a stance one way or the other. Im reading what others are saying and then i bump into you trying to derail it about completely different topics

I read it. But this is legitimately 1.12 C’thun, for better or for worse. You’re asking for a version of C’thun that didn’t exist in 1.12.

There’s lots of stuff from patches other than 1.12 that would be nice to have.

1.12.1 is still 1.12, also blizzard is fixing other thing that were not intended even if they were in the game. Again, this was not an intended change meant to be in 1.12. This was a temporary fix for an unexpected bug. If the reference client just happened to have the pre hotfix bugged eye beam, you would want to keep that too?

Don’t misunderstand me, I actually do want the original version of C’thun, but it seems fairly pointless in the face of how players are breaking the game in half.

My god people stop responding to the water cooler. He knows its broken, we know it’s broken. Get it fixed Blizzard.

They hotfixed the beam to have a delay, then like 2 weeks later put in another hotfix that reverted it. Somehow, the version they apparently went with is the 2 week version with the nerfed eyebeam. Hopefully this was a mistake that will be fixed soon

2 Likes

I agree, please fix this. Because this was fix during Vanilla, it should go back to it’s normal state.

whats sad is they playtested and either didnt notice it, didnt know how it was supposed to work, or thought this was the best version.

BLIZZAARD - LEARN FROM THIS COLOSSAL MISTAKE AND RELEASE NAXX ON THE PTR

2 Likes

Blizzard… You guys really messed up this time.

1 Like

It’s really not what the classic player base wanted. Most people actually wanted fights that took work to improve at.