Please don't make Cata step over Wotlk Classic realms

I’ve been playing wow for more than 10 years and i beg you, PLEASE, don’t be mean, don’t take the best expansion ever made away from us, you obviously KNOW how many people play wotlk classic and in private servers, it’s a TON, you closed access to WOTLK in 2010 and lost a HUGE amount of people to wotlk private servers, PLEASE DON’T MAKE THAT SAME MISTAKE AGAIN, we all love wotlk, we can’t get enough of it and we never will. Wotlk is the best expansion of all time and it will always have a place in our hearts, dont Shatter our hearts again, i beg you! Keep some realms up for the tens of thousands of people having the best time of their lives, don’t crush dreams BLIZZARD! i have faith in you, keep Wotlk’s spirit Alive!!

8 Likes

I feel like there’s nothing we can do anymore…
Blizz will regret on this when they release Cata and see people moving to private servers.

Im seeing a lot of players asking for the same thing but yet, no response from em…

thats really sad

6 Likes

Honestly they should have stopped at Wrath. Cataclysm was a pretty neat expansion and all but it marks the end of Classic and the beginning of retail.

7 Likes

Meh. I think they could have done something like having a way to play through and upgrade characters, and have rolling ladder seasons. Maybe they will… and maybe SoD and SoD servers are a testing ground for that.

AFAIK, all SoD servers are mountain time, and use layering heavily. They could probably get away with 2 servers (Normal/PVP) or even one if they push the idea that nobody wants PVP servers hard enough (which might actually be the case anyway, except for maybe Grobbulus players).

This is your perspective. From my perspective Wrath is hard Retail. There’s no question it is Retail. But so what? Queueing into Arenas is about as fun in Retail as it is in Wrath, you can just get there a lot quicker.

:woman_shrugging:

Calling Wrath the best xpac ever is actually hilarious. The only decent things about the xpac were ICC, Grizzly Hills, and parts of the story.

3 Likes

If you ever actually played Cata, you’d know it’s almost nothing like Retail

While there is certainly some objectivity there you cannot deny that Cataclysm literally erased the vanilla world. It quite literally ends the original world of World of Warcraft. Because of that I think most people would probably agree that if there is a clearly marked like between retail and Classic that is probably it.

5 Likes

Sure, but I don’t think it a compelling argument that leveling alts continuously throughout the old world is great gameplay, particularly when Classic Era exists as a place to do so without the Retail features that Wrath brings like experience boots, RDF, heirlooms…

That’s just a way to attempt to enlarge your opinion, as if it isn’t just your opinion vs my opinion in this conversation.

You think Cata is the line that crosses into Retail. I don’t think Wrath is closer to Vanilla than it is to Retail. Wrath is already Retail, in my opinion.

Of course, it doesn’t matter because we haven’t defined what Retail means in any real sense, and it’s just you and I exchanging opinions as to where we each draw “the line.”

At the end of the day, the more I play the various versions of WoW on offering, the more I think they are all Retail and all always have been.

:woman_shrugging:

I did play Cataclysm. It’s close enough to retail for me to not ever want to touch it again. And that’s a shame because it certainly has its redeeming qualities. But the introduction of the WoW token to Classic Wrath was the sledge hammer that smashed the skull for me. Game is literally pay to win and that’s retail enough for me to never touch it with a 20 foot pole.

5 Likes

Very true.

Cataclysm is more like wrath than wrath is like vanilla. Stop regurgitating what your favorite YouTuber thinks.

The world is shattered, so no, Cata is more like Retail than like Vanilla. I think the destroying of the old world should be the line after which it is no longer Classic.

But no matter what we call it, no matter where we draw the line, 2 Era servers for Wrath and TBC alike is what we need now Cata is coming!

4 Likes

Terrible expansion, beside for raiders it doesn’t have much replay value… Guess vanilla will get a lot of new players again…

2 Likes

I’m already seeing my Wrath Battlenet friends come back to Era! Yay! :slight_smile:

My group of friends all started playing in early Vanilla (some beta testers); we grew even bigger during TBC - this was our most active/populated expansion. Towards the latter part of Wrath was when about 40-50% of my friends stopped playing. And when Cata came out there were probably only about 20% of the original crew left. It was quite literally the nail in the coffin.

Some people will enjoy Cata Clasic, and I’m happy for them. I’m guessing they probably jumped on the WoW train later. To me it seems that people who started playing WoW after Wrath, have no problem with Cata Classic, because to them it is “Classic”. However, players who started in Vanilla/TBC will probably see Cata as retail and won’t make the move from Wrath to Cata. And that’s exactly what I’m seeing now.

I still have 5 months left on a 6 month sub, so I’m casually playing Era, hoping for a permanent TBC server.

Do you all remember the movie Napoleon Dynamite? Remember Uncle Rico? He just wanted to relive his glory days. He wanted to stay in his high school football era forever.

That’s me with TBC lololol It was peak WoW for me. All my friends played. We raided 3-4 times a week. We hung out in TeamSpeak or Vent all day. You may call this sad and pathetic, but I will always look back at those years as some of the best of my life. The sheer amount of FUN I had everyday playing this game I will take to my grave. Not to mention the close personal friendships I have maintained now for almost 19 years. It’s crazy and people outside of gaming just don’t get it.

Anyway, Blizzard please keep Vanilla/TBC/Wrath servers permanent. Don’t make people go play the favorite version of their Blizzard game on a private server. Don’t you want to control their experience?

“How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains? Yeah… Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would’ve been state champions. No doubt.” - Uncle Rico

3 Likes

It would be awesome if Blizzard threw up a TBC and a WotLK server to exist alongside the present Era servers (consolidate those too IMO).

Many of us enjoy the Classic WoW experience that exists in those versions of the game. Cata is a Post-Classic version of the game. It will be a relaunch of Cata, and I am sure there will be a crowd that enjoys it. The Classic experience should remain to exist for the players that love it too. Blizzard, please throw up a TBC server this summer. Heck, I can still play StarCraft. Please allow us to play TBC and WotLK.

3 Likes

I think this more about lords of over relatively dead realms that may find themselves some market competition and deflation ruining their aggressive of AH sniping over the year.