Please Don't do this again

you say dont do it i say

1 Like

So…games on a shoe-string budget?

i can buy an enchant on the aution house and apply it to my gear no matter if it’s crafted, honor or conquest. it’s accessible

if this system is enabled in pvp, and pvp does not have a way to acquire the primordial sockets or conquest gear is not eligible for primordial sockets, then it is not accessible and it is bad. and if the system is layers of rng upon rng then that’s not accessible to raiders either since they have no control over their performance if these gems are a large contributor

something like, “fill a full row of slots in the vault and get a token you can redeem for any gem of your choosing at a deterministic vendor, and this easy quest everyone has unlocked from the start that doesnt make players clear content they hate awards the socket for the gem and this socket can be applied to any type of gear the player is wearing” would be fine

we dont know anything and it could be really fine, but systems that arent deterministic are pretty awful. corruption rng felt terrible and thankfully blizz eventually added echoes of nyalotha and a vendor where we could buy the corruption we wanted. now people farming 20k+ echoes in a weekend to buy the corruptions before they rotated out for 4-5 weeks was definitely degenerate and unhealthy but that’s a different issue

my fingers are crossed that if it’s not easily accessible, then it be limited to the content it comes from and disabled in the other areas :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Imagine being so disconnected blizzard. Listen to OP. So sad to see your mantra of “tell them we are listening, do it anyway, then sell a 6mo sub mount backed on us fixing what problems we purposely created”

I’m so disappointed in them.

4 Likes

It’s those stupid SL sockets all over again :rofl:🫤

I wonder if I still have those dozen or so I dumped in my void storage during SL.

3 Likes

Classic needs Old World Flying to get me to try it.

3 Likes

ah crud.

Dom sockets is in my list of top 5 worst additions to the game.

May take the tier off

4 Likes

Just put in a hated part of SL no WAY they’ll notice!

Like for serious blizzard I hated this crap then and do now. Boo to them. Boo to this. Unless it has a visual to them no just ugh… Rather have those old god void powers pls. :slight_smile:

It already is. I hope the people that stay enjoy the trading post and their painted on cosmetics.

3 Likes

Its annoying they pay people money to come up with ideas like the gem. The trading post was good at best neutral at worst but they gotta mess with power systems.

1 Like

This is directly related unfortunately to the people who are working on that segment of the game. If there are ‘no new ideas’ they should spend some of the millions of dollars from the millions of customers that they say play WoW to actually hire employees that love the game and have creative workable ideas that have not been previously used that benefit the flow of WoW.

Of course they have no new ideas…WoW has always been cut and paste…rehashed buildings, recolored and resized NPCs, the same old bosses with some different skills (maybe)…the same old storylines…I mean even Dragonflight itself is just a rehash of the same old dragons we have known for years…I love the intro questline where the NPCs are acting like it is the first time they have ever seen a dragon aspect…even though we have been playing with them since 2004.

4 Likes

I’m fine with it as long as it’s not locked behind some idiotic daily grind. The effects could be cool, but if it gets locked behind dailies then it’s a short matter of time until I get burnt out because I feel like I’m being forced to log in or fall behind, then I’ll quit just like every other expansion where I didn’t even make it past like 1 month, MAYBE 2.

I’m playing the game a ton in DF and getting alts geared up now that my druid is almost KSH and hard to get upgrades for. It’s nice to play the game because I choose to do so, not because Blizzard has some stupid system that requires me logging in every day.

WTF.

Blizzard: We’ve changed! I swear!

Customer: Maybe this time will be different.

Blizzard: doesn’t change

Customer: K…I’m out.

Blizzard: Pikachu gasp

1 Like

Could be domination sockets 2.0, although it seems like it tied to a single ring, which may me a crafted item coming in 10.1. Given blizzard seems to like making all these rare yet powerful recipes this expansion so far for some reason. As long as they don’t go the route they did with domination sockets and how to obtain the gems I think it should be okay, yet if they do it’s just going to be a question of just why honestly.

1 Like

Absolute garbage…

1 Like

They can’t help themselves. Can’t wait to see the new Dragonghast feature in 10.1 where you climb levels of the dragon tower for currency that’s required to upgrade your gear.

Finally something craftable by JC’s who are hurting for business.

Seriously though unless these are craftable this stinks of shards, which is a no from me. Me and my friends literally left when we saw how the shards system worked, please just let bad ideas die and stay dead.

1 Like

We don’t really have enough information on this yet but I am already having a bad feeling about it.

2 Likes

considering these are gems, which I am already using along with enchantments, I don’t actually mind this.