Please Don't do this again

Just no.

Why, after doing so well, would you want to do Domination Sockets again?

Why Blizzard? Why must you desperately grasp failure from the jaws of victory.

You were doing so well.

So it looks like you’re adding 25 new domination sockets, someone’s going to pop them into a spreadsheet, three are going to be the correct ones, and 22 are going to be the incorrect ones… and that’s it. All that dev time wasted on another borrowed power system to throw into the trash.

90 Likes

There’s already a thread about this

But this 100% will kill my fun/raiding for me.

Currently raid on alts, this will kill that for me.

So if they want me to go from 7 nights of raiding down to 3, that’s fine with me. I don’t mind not wanting to play and logging in less.

8 Likes

I admit… it doesn’t really look good. Maybe df being rushed was a blessing if it stopped them from cramming borrowed power systems in.

4 Likes

You were tardy for the party.

You knew it was coming…

1 Like

I was hoping for one whole tier free of it… I wanted the spring and joy of youth before the fall and bitter cold of winter…

5 Likes

Borrowed power returns, I’m a casual but if it returns I’ll take my exit. Doing lfr may not be real raiding to a crap ton of people but it’s relaxing to me and I do it on a bunch of alts. No way am I trying to farm borrowed power again.

11 Likes

let them kill the game…it’s the only way we’ll ever see change at this point imo

15 Likes

Have they learned nothing?!

9 Likes

They have no new ideas.

6 Likes

Where exactly do people draw the line? Why is this wrong, but every enchant in the game is fine?

I have no clue how the mind of a GD native works.

4 Likes

People are over reacting, we dont know if this will be a catchup system for open world gearing or what. The effects resemble the rings from cobalt assembly and its just unique effect on gear. For all we know a fully kitted BiS gear piece still has better value than these effects.

2 Likes

hey guys reminder that classic wow is popping off. come check out one of the clusters. whitemane growing every day!

I think people just parrot “borrowed power bad” without any critical thought as to why. Comparing this to domination sockets, AP1 or AP2 electric boogaloo, is absolutely thoughtless.

The best comparison to this is the mechagon ring. In fact I’m pretty sure this is meant to emulate that.

1 Like

I mean now that borrowed power is gone people are complaining that they have to gear too so this is just the buzzword elements of the community being reactionary.

1 Like

There goes big daddy Ion back tracking as usual.

3 Likes

The hilarious part is that people had a generally neutral to positive reaction toward Logic Loop, which this parallels. People just look for reasons to be outraged.

1 Like

More than likely its from a vendor and the new zone will use a currency so it will probably be even easier to get than a dungeon drop

1 Like

I’m sure they have new ideas on the drawing board, but they keeping foolishly choosing to repeat mistakes of the past.

3 Likes

How is this any different from a ring with a unique effect you’d find in any patch zone vendor? Did they unironically need to make a ring for every effect and that would make you feel better?

1 Like