Please don't add forced lgbt representation

As a member of the LGBT community I’m tired of seeing it thrown into everything I do. Movies? Needs lgbt. Games? needs lgbt. Birthday cake? needs lgbt. LGBT does not need to be in everything. Leave it alone.

465 Likes

Who died and made you Tsar of all Gays?

257 Likes

In my opinion, diverse characters are only a problem when they are there to ‘tick boxes’.

229 Likes

Exactly, trans forumgoer here very in favor of representation :wave:

(given that its not offensive representation/feels forced. I actually kinda like the idea that there’s currently a panda npc in the game with a female model and a male voice, google it)

61 Likes

What are the chances that OP isn’t being truthful about being a part of the LGBT community?

159 Likes

As a member of the LGBT community, I don’t want forced representation but natural representation would be fine.

By stating you don’t want any, you’re just making the problem worse.

EDIT: Since people are quoting me now, the OP originally stated “No LGBT representation.” They later edited it to say forced representation.

118 Likes

Bet.
/10char

10 Likes

Too late 90% of npcs are smooth below the belt.

44 Likes

Wait are there ones that are not :thinking: ?

16 Likes

yeah lets talk about that 10% :o

11 Likes

I’m just posting here because I want notifications. :popcorn:

16 Likes

Also, in addition to my last post, why are you trying to dictate how people celebrate their own birthday? God forbid someone who happens to be gay who likes rainbows has a rainbow cake. God forbid someone who happens to be straight also has a rainbow cake.

Your post is just existing to stir up drama.

32 Likes

The problem for me is when they take an existing character and change it into something completely different just to appease a certain group. While completely ignoring those who liked the character before the change.

If you want more forced representation, ask companies to make new characters rather then changing existing characters.

68 Likes

:point_up_2:

6 Likes

More diversity is preferred. Just don’t make it all some character is. Treat them no differently than non diverse characters.

21 Likes

Jaina’s parents, thrall and wife, the tauren chief’s parents, Anduain’s parents. Mostly peoples parents had to ‘bang’

5 Likes

I’ll disagree with this. Completely.

Why? Because come out as gay when you’ve been in the closet your entire life. Your entire life can and will change. You feel free. You feel capable of being yourself. I was VERY different before I came out.

On top of this, even if a character had a straight relationship in the past, it doesn’t mean they can’t have a gay one later. Please don’t mock the bi community or people who realize they’re gay later in life.

You can’t “force” a character to do something that wasn’t intended. If that were the case, the writers would be doing whatever they wanted all the time. It has to pass by multiple people.

35 Likes

Yes but in a video game just up and coming out doesn’t feel natural when there have been years to toy with the idea instead of just throwing it in ours faces all of a sudden.

20 Likes

I’m not sure I can roll my eyes hard enough to adequately express how I feel about this post.

20 Likes

I wil hold it againts ‘the gays’ for ruining my favorite cake. Eats sad vanilla sheet cake.

3 Likes