Please delay Dragonflight

This isn’t a post to roast Dragonflight nor is it a post that I believe is going to heavily influence whether Blizzard is going to go through with releasing DF this year but I do think we need to have a conversation about the state of Dragonflight and whether the product is up to quality within the span of a couple months left in this year.

I’m most optimistic about the fact that a lot of developers have been more proactive with engaging with their respective class communities and I think there’s mostly good will being built up here hence why I think Dragonflight is better off being delayed.

• The current build in beta has too many bugs or NYI’s to actually give valuable feedback.

• A few classes or specs have been behind on updates for their respective class communities to give feedback on time.

I don’t necessarily think if DF ends up being released this year that it’ll be particularly bad, I just think a delay would be invaluable for launch and I think given the imminent release of Wrath and maybe giving Season 4 of SL a bit more of an extension can probably keep us busy for an early. This is all of course wishful thinking, I just want the launch version of Dragonflight to be as good as it can be and I think with a bit more time it can be.

16 Likes

I agree, DF needs to be a 2023 release despite the dry content right now. Evokers armor changing color to blood elf colors after reaching SW/Ogr and deep breath keeping you in place instead of flying and breathing fire shows it needs a LOT more time. If its rushed its going to be a wreck. I sent bug reports in about it, hope they address it soon.

5 Likes

I’m fine with a delay to fix things and make them better.
But it’s always about the $$$$$$$$…

3 Likes

It will probably be delayed since we havent even gotten a release date and Dec 31st is like what 3 months away and we are in Beta ?

1 Like

Release date will probably be announced after Wrath launch. And I doubt it will be delayed. They seem pretty dead set on releasing it this year.

6 Likes

With the amount of Monk talents still not working, and surely the same case with other classes, I’d prefer we did a 2023 release.

2 Likes

It’s too late, we all expected a Feb/Mar 2023 launch that would give ample time for season 3 and 4 plus alpha/beta cycle.

However the beancounters and people screaming at blizz to sell worthless preorder pixels pushed the schedule up.

Enjoy the time left and try to get the fomo before prepatch and expansion launch.

3 Likes

I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. I predicted it like the coming of the apocalypse.

Here we go, the inevitable IT NEEDS MORE TIME posts.

Btw I’m way ahead of you I said they should delay it for 2 years for that super shiny polish!

3 Likes

I’ll probably buy it sometime in 2023. Thanks all you bug testers on the live servers <3

4 Likes

In my own eyes these are ready to be activated (or almost ready to be activated):

1. the map
  2. the zones
  3. the HUD UI
  4. the dungeons
  5. quests
  6. voice acting
  7. animation

And the here’s the list of not ready or almost ready:

1. talent trees
  2. dragonriding
  3. raids
  4. PVP
  5. class balancing
  6. renown system
  7. music
  8. professions
  9. leveling being faster
  10. mythic plus

Ewww… options are to delay it and force us to level more alts through the never ending SL grind. Orrrr release a messy cobble of half baked chaos for players to get frustrated with. Both carry their weight in gold with the amount of complaints that’ll roll through.

I think the delay would be worth it for the quality improvement that’d benefit the player’s experience. But also, the delay would give already stressed employees a hopefully better working environment. With the change management stuff happening, I cannot even fathom what it’s like working for the organization right now. There’s not much news coming out how the Microsoft acquisition is impacting the overall situation.

I could entertain myself for another 6-9 months without the new expansion if need be. I have to go back and fly around WoD and some of the other areas on alts and pick up treasure chests I never bothered to collect. I’m all for giving Blizz time to find good developers to make awesome things.

4 Likes

You’re right about the options. I think I would prefer DF release, just because I don’t have to buy it right away (and I won’t) but leveling will be much faster 1-60. I’d be okay if they delayed it and gave us a long prepatch though! Especially if the new xp amounts come with it!

Why does everyone assume that blizzard can’t do right on time and on schedule? When in fact they have been working around the clock and stuff and to think that Dragonflight isn’t ready is a load of doomsaying.

They have been gathering feedback and being proactive (or atleast trying their best to be proactive) on listening and typing out all that has happened behind the scenes and stuff like that.

6 Likes

DF will release this year because timing for 11.0, the 20th Anniversary Expansion is of primary importance.

Easier to fix things on the fly, and likely why they just broadened the beta pool.

NO I wanna play with you at launch.

On topic, I’m confident that DF will be ready. Blizzard seems confident. As long as we don’t have talents/abilities that flat out don’t work, we should be good.

6 Likes

with wrath classic’s success before even launching, i hope they will feel much more comfortable delaying DF.

1 Like

When was the last time they did a buggy release? Beside some minor bugs, the game being relatively bug free, I dont think is a big concern.

Balance on the other hand will probably be a mess at release, no matter what. They still have 1 month after release to fix it before the season really start thoughts, but with the whole new talents is going to be a work in progress for the full season 1.

2 Likes

Not everyone plays that old junk okay. Also most players in retail are done with the days of classic and want to move away from it. And also shadowlands has lasted way to long (it felt as much) and plus Dragonflight seems nearly ready to be launched.

2 Likes

after playing the beta, i can confirm wotlk is better

i definitely believe they intend to release dragonflight this year despite everything still not working