Please Deal With Sockpuppeting

Fixated is a pretty strong word. I disagree with sockpuppeting, and think it’s a crappy thing to do, but it doesn’t dictate my days or time.

Closest thing we can do is just have the forums be Battle Tag only like all other blizzard forums.

Rooting out the career trolls who pay or a bunch of different accounts would be less feasible.

How can people know your social media via your alts? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

And with retail allied races already level 10 there is 0 effort to make a sockpuppet.

Some also like to use sockpuppet 'W’s"

For example:

1 Like

Does it really matter?

Its not as if likes mean anything in the first place. You don’t get any special awards. And the arguments you put forth should stand on their own not because of the amount of likes it receives.

I’ve heard that chasing likes is a serious mental illness running rampant in our society right now but I guess its not one I can understand at any level.

Scary part is, it isn’t 50, it’s 400. You can have 8 WoW licences on one Bnet account. That’s 50x8=400, then you can double that for Classic characters as long as you are paying for all 8 subs. Throw in another 400 if Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC have separate character limits.

So that’s at least 400 possibly 800 or 1200 characters to use to sock puppet. But that’s just one Bnet account. Bnet accounts and WoW trials are free, anyone with enough email addresses and free time to get characters to level 10 can have infinite sock puppets.

Some people freak out out over the goofiest things. Of all the shady or controversial things going on with WoW, Blizzard, and the world in general, this is the cause you choose to champion? In the grand scheme of things, this is the crusade that needs to be fought?

Hello, I see you made a thread about sock puppets. I agree, something needs to be done ASAP! Sock puppets are one of the biggest sources of lost googly eyes around and frankly, we have a shortage as is, we don’t need to lose anymore!

Thanks for your post and have a great day!

1 Like

Meanwhile I was accused of sockpuppeting and suspend for 10 days when I actually wasn’t. Opened a support ticket and the mod was like, “yeah you’re right, but you’ll just have to finish your suspension.”

hold up

they said you did nothing wrong but kept you suspended

that’s awful and sounds like someone was too lazy to do their job

3 Likes

Yeah, a CC member accused me of sockpuppeting and said they were going to email a mod about me. A few hours later I was suspended. I opened a ticket and they responded that I didn’t violate ToS, but accused me of sockpuppeting. I opened a second ticket and told them to please check the B-tag, because we’re different people. Second mod responded that I was right, but was just going to have to finish my suspension any way.

wonder if whoever they emailed was higher in rank and the mod didnt feel like saying “hey sup, guess what, they’re different people and they need freed”

pretty said that they backdoor channels for punishment and theyre that petty. after seeing some recent behavior i can take a wild guess

I kind of have suspected this the whole time. I see that CC member in GD pretty often and just do my best to not interact with them.

I’ve read over this and I’m just disgusted. Something tells me Zandrae is Talon and alts.

4 Likes

What a fun forum plot twist. Wouldn’t be too shocked.

The guy has accused me of being a Talon alt at one point.

1 Like

Are we still “Sockpuppeting” on this thread?

They accuse everyone. They also comment and stir the pot in every Talon/alt thread so it’s pretty suspect.

2 Likes

Only if it’s humorously and blatantly obvious, but otherwise no. Sockpuppeting is for hobgoblins.

1 Like

To some who don’t know any better, including the companies sometimes, they do.

I blame that on taking out dislikes. Or replacing the 5 stars with likes/dislikes back when YouTube was under 5 years old. I still miss the 1.0 channels layout. Wished it was an option still. :confused:

Edit: Merged!

Impossible, because Zandrae actually shown to care about the LGBT. Unlike the Tea Elves.

I did taken notice however, the responses to his social media comment with some accusations of Doxxing of (what the people have said) a well known disabled member of the community. I’l be honest, i don’t know how true that is, but it does put the rest of what he does up to question now. And i condemn that all the same with Zandrae, as i did with Tulln here.

Seriously people, don’t dox people. It gets people hurt, and it only serves as a massive reason why RealID should just be removed at all instead.

Funny to see people mention RealID when Blizzard was going to do that, once upon a time, and the forums practically exploded in revolt.

I was a fan of it, personally.