Please consider doing fresh tbc servers

I suppose that would be a reason. A lot of players will move on to TBC…whether it’s a copy/transfer option or fresh servers or a combination. Blizz will probably have to do some sort of consolidation of Classic characters.

At the same time, I look at it as…Classic was described as experiencing the Vanilla years again. Blizz never made a hint or mention of TBC. For the average player, all they know is what exists right now. So to force something they never signed up for would be strange. Also, think of all the players who have played Classic, but maybe aren’t right now. Or won’t by the time TBC launches, or weeks or months or years after. What happens to those characters? Someone logs into their Classic character 6 months after TBC servers have been added…what happens then?

It’s a sticky situation. But supposing players do have to make a choice, that choice needs to be an option basically forever (or until they choose an option), and made BEFORE they log a character into the game. You can’t have TBC changes applied to a character, and then reverted, you can’t mix economies, etc, etc. And is it a per character option, or an account option?

The more I think about this the more I come back to the old adage that simpler is better. Keep the games separate. But it seems like Blizz has already decided not to go that route. The reason is because of the mention of the pre-patch in the supposed ‘leak’. Why have a pre-patch if all TBC servers are starting fresh? It would literally serve no purpose. Therefore we can pretty much guarantee Blizz is allowing players to progress their characters in some shape or form into TBC. At least as an option.

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

This option sorts classic players together…

As someone who played vanilla tbc and wrath i can say when i heard classic was launching i knew it was going to be a hit and i supported from day one so eventually to get my favorite expansion TBC. I play classic from day 1 with TBC in mind.

If you don’t log in your characters in that length of time you wouldn’t even be part of a guild let alone an after thought on any active players mind. The idea is to keep the active player communities intact those whom want to stay in vanilla and those whom want to continue to TBC.

YES exactly 100% agree here is the simple choice

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

Im sure we will get more details in blizzcon but im sure it will be per characters you currently have.

agreed and the easiest way to sort it all is

My ending thoughts is all the active players are in this together whether you are a vanilla, TBC, or wrath fan each version deserves its dedicated servers just that in the beginning which we are in we all have to get sorted and need to let the game take its natural coarse. Classic to TBC will establish the precedent to how TBC will go to Wrath and although i played wrath my favorite is TBC so at that point i will opt out to a TBC non progression server.

I support the choice for all players to play whatever version of wow they want and either be on eternal servers or go to a server that is seasonal. Both can exist and should. There is enough demand.

The issue I see is that requires people to choose between progressing their characters to BC and keeping them for vanilla forever. Why force that choice? What if you were almost done with your Atiesh in vanilla but still want to play BC? Your guild can do mostly BC raiding but log in to vanilla every couple weeks to roflstomp Naxx again.

I’ve heard if you bold, copy and paste the same thing over and over it makes for a truly compelling argument.

3 Likes

Then preventing this by grouping all like-minded players onto a few realms would preserve the population better, rather than upsetting the bulk of the players wanting TBC and having to consolidate later anyway.

Which it was. But like vanilla, it will progress to TBC.

Because they didn’t even know if Classic would work. It did, extremely so, and so they want to keep the ball rolling - and the bulk of the population wants it too.

An option to transfer to the designated servers. But I imagine anyone who hasn’t played in 6 months is more interested in continuing in TBC than what they initially quit for.

Simpler is better, and it’s what they’re doing. That’s the point. Moving fewer people to a few realms is a lot easier than moving vast populations of players from all realms.

It also means they don’t have to open as many realms at all.

1 Like

I don’t think the guild would want to set a designated raid night for that. The burnout is already very real.

Also, what’s stopping you from making Atiesh in TBC?

NO, IT DOESN’T. YOU HAVE TO ALL CAPS. SEE HOW CONVINCING IT IS?

agreed 100%… And vanilla players will be together with good server population. continue your naxx end game gear on main. Or make a new classic main, or grind grand marshall or whatever you want to do in classic and it will stay classic.

Why do you think the only people on alliance will be shaman? There absolutely will be other classes starting as draenei.

Get over the fresh TBC thing. It wasn’t in the latest survey.

I think it’ll be a pretty large drop in percentage of population for Draenei because of the fear of missing out, but definitely will have more casual players and alts.

The Shaman thing is just… necessary.

I don’t see any reason if they offer a fresh option. That has no hinderance on established servers. I’m sure there are people whom want to start completely fresh thats cool let them open 1 server and see how it goes.

I don’t care about why or how it would be a good thing. It wasn’t in the most recent survey. That tells me all I need to know. There is no point in even discussing it. It’s not gonna happen. At least not at TBC launch anyways.

1 Like

I would not like fresh servers. Wanting a level a shaman is on you - the rest of the community shouldn’t have to start fresh just because you are. Its not like everyone started fresh back when TBC was originally launched.

2 Likes

Honestly…most dungeons up until 55ish are pretty damn easy. I would think
you could legitimately run a 5-man shaman dungeon group with no issues until Outland.

Imagine all the totems.

The path of least resistance and what is going to happen is every server progresses with option to transfer to 1 or 2 mega classic non progression servers with high populations. simple direct. Classic stays classic and TBC is TBC. gg… now just wait 30 more days till Blizzcon for the reveal.

If you don’t think there will at least be a few fresh TBC servers, you need to think again. At the very least the player base increase will require it.

I’d actually be surprised to see them, as I don’t think there’s enough of a demand for it over pure progression. There’s a big difference between vanilla -> TBC and Classic -> Classic TBC, as the proportion of “done” progression via players is way higher in Classic and most people interested in it will have already played it.

There’s no real huge population influx of new players vs. returning players. There may be, in future, but I doubt there will be enough to populate even a few servers.

I would be utterly shocked. I think TBC will be significantly more popular than Classic. But I’m not going to worry about it. If there’s a fresh server option, then I’ll play TBC. If there’s not, then I won’t. But that’s me.

3 Likes

You need to think again. There is no evidence for it. Just because you THINK it might happen does not make it so. Blizzard didn’t even ask about it in the most recent survey. If they announce it at blizzcon fine. For now there is ZERO evidence to support Fresh TBC servers. I think even less people would want TBC fresh than want perma classic. And maybe they will have new servers for increased population… however they will be open for transfers from existing servers as they did back in 07. They won’t be 100% no transfer fresh which is what we are talking about.

If there’s a fresh server option, then I’ll play TBC. If there’s not, then I won’t. But that’s me.

And there it is. YOU want TBC Fresh so in your mind you think there’s no reason they won’t do it.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You have nothing besides conjecture yourself.

The problem with these forums is people are incapable of being objective and unbiased. They want what they want and assume everyone else does, and Blizzard should conform for YOUR ideals.

If you actually read my posts you’d notice I draw a very fine line between what I desire versus facts of what we know.

In other words…your post is more aptly addressed to yourself.

1 Like