Please consider doing fresh tbc servers

I plan on leveling a shaman and to work the rust off I want to do as many dungeon grinds along the way, but I’m worried that if the only people leveling are new shamans there won’t be enough players to easily find dungeon groups. If you do at least a few fresh tbc servers maybe it will entice enough players to give the classic level experience. Granted these servers would be at risk of being way behind not all classic players are trying to clear content the first day some of us want to enjoy it at our own pace. Maybe you already addressed this topic but I could not find any info on fresh servers, but if you did I apologize for the thread. Carry on!

19 Likes

I would like to see fresh tbc servers as well. However, with the introduction of server transfers in classic, I’m sure they will likely be available via tbc servers. Add in people will/might transfer to these “fresh” servers to get the “jump” on other players, makes it seem unlikely we get “fresh” servers.

If they do make fresh servers, there should or would need to be a lock out on transferring to them from other servers for X period of time…

1 Like

I’m all for a fresh, no-transfer TBC server option, and would opt to play there myself. I also see it as a good way to indirectly funnel most of the current players that I feel ultimately ruin the community & the game to different servers.

19 Likes

I hope some servers you can continue your character on and others everyone has to start fresh. I would play on both.

1 Like

If it’s optional, sure. Otherwise, hell no.

First I’ve seen anybody wanting this.

Provide a few servers that are fresh so people have that option. There is no harm in that. Just don’t force the entire population to have to start fresh rolling into TBC. Blizzard would see a lot of feet stomping because player’s 60s can’t just hop through the portal right into TBC. I’d be annoyed but I’d roll with it.

I much prefer being able to take my druid and roll right into TBC though.

4 Likes

I hope they give one or two fresh so we can stop seeing these repeated threads over and over.

1 Like

OP, you write like an intelligent person.

Let’s settle on something that should be obvious to any real player of Classic WoW. The company appears to have no clue about where the value is in their products, who the core audience is and who should be targeted, and even how to deal with simple to fix problems like botting. We have no reason to have faith that the company will do what is in the best interest of the product, customers, or shareholders. I have never seen an established game company manage their products this badly. It is as if only a handful of people work there, so not enough to do anything other than accounts management. A-B operates barely better than an unfunded first project for college coders. Honestly, I would be embarrassed to work for the company at this time. So, we cannot possibly anticipate what A-B will choose, since it could range anywhere from “durrr forced progress in past I see, so we do same, and loyal players in Shadowlands like it durrr,” to the perfect thing they could choose, which was described in a recent thread of mine.

I suggest people who care about Classic WoW to do as I do. I have deleted all characters, except some low level toons to fiddle with. I will let this sub run out, and plan not to resub until beta, but prepatch if I cannot get into beta. However, I will not resub if forced progression is announced. Because I really really want to believe the people in charge aren’t clueless as they now seem, I believe there is no way forced progression happens, since it is the worst option. I plan for what their best move would be, and already have everything deleted for if the worst move is chosen. You see? I am prepared to quit Blizzard games forever if they prove too incompetent to understand where the value is in a product that fans actually want. I am also prepared to start fresh if Blizzard proves minimally competent. See? Easy.

1 Like

1 or 2 fresh servers will do and if not blizzard can open more. But progressing the existing servers fill the necessity of those whom want to progress their characters to TBC while offering those that dont to go to non progressive servers together to be there in a thriving vanilla only community.

Blizzcon 2021

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

** With a Fresh server option **

2 Likes

I don’t like classic but will be playing TBC. I really hope they have fresh servers, so I won’t be impossibly behind everyone else.

10 Likes

You are one in a demographics group of players they ought to cater to. You should be the target audience. Sadly, Blizzard decision makers seem to be scared about something, so their fear is making them run into the loyal arms of modern WoW lovers. We’ll see if sanity and market competency returns to Blizzard before Blizzcon. I expect them to do the right thing, and I’ve bet on it by deleting all my characters, but I wouldn’t know Blizzard if I said it was 100% going to happen. I give a 1% chance that they will force progress servers, thus destroying Classic WoW forever. Since this is Blizzard, that 1% might be their choice half the time :laughing: . We’ll see.

How would they be destroying classic wow if they offer the option to transfer to a vanilla server that wont progress past 60 to everyone?

I’m sure they will open a 1-2 fresh realms of each type (pve and pvp), maybe more if a bunch of new people return to play. Probably not an RP realm, but maybe.

There is probably enough interest for those realms to have a pretty good population, but you should pay attention to what servers people are planning on playing so you pick a server that’s likely to have a healthy population.

Continue playing my current Classic character on my existing server as it progresses to the Burning Crusade expansion, with the option to transfer to a Classic server that will never progress past level 60.

This option preserves classic wow and allows a smooth transition for those whom want to play TBC.

1 Like

Puuhhhhlease give me fresh!

It seems strange to put the responsibility to transfer on the players who wish to simply keep their characters where they are. Logically it makes more sense for the players who want to progress into TBC to be the ones to actually have to take action to do so.

2 Likes

I can imagine they’ll have them - maybe one or two - but I doubt they’ll be the main focus. For the most part, most people don’t want to start over, even those who plan to play a draenei or blood elf. The time it takes to get from 1-58 (to enter TBC) is much lower on established realms when you have friends, than it does to get all the gold you need to get mounts and spells.

Leveling 1-58 is much, much faster too post-TBC because of changes.

It depends on how many people are interested in staying in P6 Classic. From what we’ve seen, it’s not very high. Fresh Classic would likely be more popular, as by the time TBC launches P6 will have run its course. If not many people are interested in staying then there’s no reason to keep all the servers Classic rather than progressing them.

Better to transfer 10%~ than transfer 90%.

2 Likes

Depending on how their servers are set up, they might just be able to clone the classic servers as BC servers. Everybody’s characters are in both places.

Then if population collapses on the vanilla forever servers (which it certainly will for the first few months of BC) they can open up free transfers and ultimately do forced mergers if needed (or just say “this server is closing, get off or lose your character”).

I am pretty sure “servers” are virtual entities so it probably doesn’t cost a ton to keep one running even if very few people are playing on it.

You avoid this issue right out the gate from allowing all the classic vanilla purists to transfer to one server to rule them all and in Azeroth bind them… no pun intended lol.

IF you progress all servers option with transfer to a vanilla non progression server you merge all classic vanilla into 1 or 2 servers that will have more than enough population always. Simple, effective, no need extra leg work.

cloning is bad idea not going to happen.

2 Likes