Please Clarify New Multiboxing Rules

All due respect, I would argue that if it was, I would have been banned/suspended/etc at the time. I followed the rule of one click = one action. No action happened without me pressing a corresponding button first.

I started this thread because I was deciding if I wanted to re-sub, and found lots of confusion on the subject of multi-boxing in general, so I came to the only forum I seem to be able to post in to get some answers. If I wanted to find a “loop hole,” or undermine the system, as you suggest, I would not have come here to reveal as such.

Just note that if you are sending signals to an inactive window of WoW by using software, that is input broadcasting, which is against the rules. It is what constitutes automation, which has ALWAYS been something that can, and often does, get accounts permanently banned from the game.

8 Likes

This makes me wonder if he really was banned for using Joe Multiboxer because according to their website “Joe Multiboxer does not send inputs to the game.” I’m also looking at their forums and I don’t see anyone claiming to be banned for using it.

There’s really no confusion. Multiboxing is allowed, but the use of input broadcasting software is not.

There is really no confusion over input broadcasting software, either. It’s not allowed. Trying to angle what you’re doing within the software is what’s adding to your own confusion. Simply using it can be actionable, even if your intentions and actions have been wholly pure.

Generally speaking, Blizzard has its LUA sandbox for addons/macros/scripts/etc to run in. If you are running something outside of the game, you should really take a step back and ask yourself why. If it’s truly allowed, then why is it not a LUA addon?

You got your answers, and yet you are still debating it. If you wanted answers, then this thread would’ve been done after 5 responses, when you got the Blizzard response you asked for.

5 Likes

Hence why I marked it as answered… I have continued to reply to those addressing me, as it would be rude not to do so after inviting their opinions/responses. There is no debate at this stage (at least not on my part), and if there is, I would defer to Blizzard’s judgment.

5 Likes

Not according to Blizzard, it’s not. And that’s what counts. Your failure to understand the difference between botting and multiboxing doesn’t change that.

5 Likes

What is everyones obsession with the word “fact”? I never stated anywhere in my reply that I was spouting the word of God and that all bow before me and take heed.

Everyone so wrapped up in finding a needle in a haystack when no one ever suggested there is one.

If you think the loot tables in the old content is the same as it has been over the years, then you have been wearing a blindfold.

I remember clearing a raid and generating a fair amount of materials and gold for my efforts. Now it’s very different. That’s less materials and potential gold in the system. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see why it was done… but again, being or not being a rocket scientist doesn’t mean fact or fiction.

So yes, it is an opinion. Yours is also an opinion. No one needs to cite a source about any of it. Lets’ just stop the whole cite your source, prove everything you utter in a court of law mentality for just a moment.

Not everything is a case for Judge Judy.

There is always a viable way of stopping anything… unfortunately it usually comes at the expense of others. Which oddly enough, I said before in my previous post.

I understand the difference.

You fail to understand the difference between how it is perceived…

It’s not a black and white answer… it’s shades of gray. You want a black and white answer so you peg everyone into the same hole to get it.

Reality check my friend… the guy who is leveling for the first time to find they can’t get their 3 boar meat because every boar is getting insta-killed by a group of chickens is not a fan of multi-boxing. Note here that this could be a bot, it could be you with 5 toons in tow… but the result is the same. You are impeding their play with your play.

One could come up with a thousand potential scenarios… all of which show how playing multiple toons at once, allowed or otherwise, hurts someone else in game in some way.

Hence the shades of gray. Oh there are the black and white scenarios as well. Take a moment to accept that not everything is black and white.

My statement that you replied to is no more correct or incorrect than yours is. They are both opinions. You can’t speak for Blizzard, you can only state what you think they believe. In court there is a word for that… but I’m not going to go all Judge Judy here like others.

I don’t have to guess what Blizzard’s stance is.

9 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, and generally, I do agree. However, I cannot run my mouse or keyboard software via LUA. I can validly use features of my mouse and keyboard for both acceptable AND unacceptable behaviors within WoW.

I think right now we ARE seeing some false positives (no one is perfect, it happens), a lot of valid suspensions, and a lot of questions. Some are asking those questions to get around things, some are simply trying to not accidentally get their accounts banned by something they don’t understand well. It’s just one of those things to which there is no specific answer, and never a blanket ‘that outside software is ok to use’. Even OK today doesn’t mean OK tomorrow, and see example above about keyboard/mouse software, which is super common.

Generally speaking tho, I agree with those saying if you have to install something outside of WoW, it’s best to avoid it. At least until you understand it enough to not ask so many questions. Not an insult to the questions, but to me, not worth losing an account over.

Because that’s what we deal with in this forum: facts.

There is no “I think it should be this way” or “why don’t they change it” or “I remember it differently” here. All that does is add to people’s confusion over the issue. If you want to suggest changes, offer opinions on policies, or even reminisce about the good ol’ days of Vanilla, there are other forums for that.

Here, we provide information about what the policies are. Factual information. It doesn’t matter if we agree with policies, if we think they should be changed, etc.

That’s a great memory of something from 15 years ago. However, loot tables are not done on an individual basis like that. That’s way too small of a sample size.

Your raid 15 years ago may have had a run of strong RNG luck. Your raid now may be on a similarly bad run of RNG luck. Either way, it is not at all relevant to the topic at hand.

This is not the place for offering opinions like this. Information here is fact-based, and nothing else.

Yes, it actually is a black and white answer. Multiboxing is allowed, period.

It doesn’t matter if you think it shouldn’t be allowed here. That opinion is a suggestion for a policy change, which doesn’t belong here.

7 Likes

Do we really this fight on the CS forum about this? The CS forum isn’t for this kind of thing and everyone should know that this forum isn’t for debating what is and isn’t X or what’s against the rules.

2 Likes

Personal loot drop % since MoP.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/personal-loot-the-hard-numbers-bfa-edition/131653

… and, of course, if you outlevel the raid by 10 levels, you get group loot.

4 Likes

You claim this but have no source for the information other than personal memory. You get less gold from old content not because there is less loot but because the ilevel of the items is lower than it used to be and the vendor price of the item changed because of it. It’s not because there is less loot.

2 Likes

To be fair, it’s pretty civil so far, and while it might not be the proper place for the discussion (though the title of the thread is “clarify multiboxing rules”), I would imagine that Blizz is fully aware of the thread and will close it or move it or lock it if they feel it has become inappropriate.

4 Likes

So it’s ok for me to use hardware to broadcast multiple inputs?

Vrak isn’t going to be able to specify beyond what’s already listed in the article here:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software

There’s no mention of hardware based broadcasting being banned as such.

4 Likes

I wonder why.

I believe if they wanted to include that hardware based multiboxing was also against the rules, then they just would have added it.

But at the end of the day CS is not involved in such decisions. That’s why they tend to defer to the official communications and public info on what their current policies are.

2 Likes

I would assume they defer unknowns to those who do know, and then return that to the user attempting to get the information. But hey, what do I know.

2 Likes