Please Change Weekly Quest

Three events and all of them time gated. Simply put, this sucks. It isn’t alt friendly at all. I don’t understand why this one is so bad for this season. I stopped doing the weekly ones in the previous season once the rep tokens ran out so I could just log in and turn it in just by doing the story quests. This is the complete opposite of that. If it was just do the feast, ok sure. But it’s three. Please consider making this less time scheduling and more alt friendly.

2 Likes

If you are logging on at the right time, it doesn’t take long to get these 3 done.

Do The Keep, top of the hour, fly to soup after (I’m normally getting to soup with at minimum, 8 minutes left) and do a Hunt which is always up somewhere.

If you don’t want to do all 3, you don’t have to, you’ll still get a piece of gear off each one completed, you’ll just miss out on the hand in reward for alts.

I think it should stay at 3, but for a compromise, they could make the Keep hourly instead of every 2 hours. 2 hours isn’t bothering me personally as its also a TW week, so I can do those, dreamsurge and Fyrakk too.

1 Like

I understand why people think they “have to” do all of it, but you don’t.
It’s a game and should be treated as such. Do what is fun, if it’s not - leave it. It has no effect on your life.

You have a week. That is why they are called a weekly quest. You don’t have to do them all on the same day.

3 Likes

Eventually all 3 of the choices will be up all the time. Might not be until all the raids are empowered, though.

Best part was doing all three then turning in the quest to get a ilvl 350 item…

OP was talking about alt friendly. If you have 2 toons, sure, you can spread it across a week easy. The more toons you have, though, the harder that gets. If you have 7 toons, that’s 1 a day. If you have 10 toons, you’re doubling up somewhere. If you have 14? 21? 60? What if you have a full time job or other obligations away from the computer? Timegating the events then becomes rather frustrating to do on every alt forcing players to decide between which ones they want to play. Sure, it’s a game and we don’t have to do anything. We don’t have to play WoW or pay for a subscription, either, but we do that.

I can certainly understand the timing to ensure more players are there to participate, but the events are also over so quickly. I’ve had several times I wanted to do one, got carried away doing something else, and ended up having to wait again for the next one. The alternative is to sit there AFK for potentially 15 minutes or perhaps even an hour or more so I don’t forget. That leads to even more lost time doing other things.

I can’t say I particularly care for the events. I’ve only been playing Dragonflight since October, but the events have been an irritation between figuring out which one is up at a given time and then actually remembering to go do them. That’s on top of figuring out what I’m supposed to do during the events. I still haven’t really figured out the elemental storms since there aren’t really any quests to point you at them from what I noticed. Also seems no one is ever doing the multiplayer races so I’ve never managed to do one of those.

The events are maybe 5-10 minutes long. Having to sit AFK for potentially 2-6x (or better) than that just to remember to do it and not get distracted by something else is frustrating. That’s a lot of lost time, especially if you’re cycling alts to do the weekly.

2 Likes

Why sit AFK? Why not do other things in between? It’s not like its the only available activity. Sitting AFK for a weekly activity is right up there for me with sitting waiting on rare mount spawns: Im not prepared to spend the diminishing hours of my life sitting doing absolutely nothing when I could be doing something. Even if its cleaning the kitchen (which is an ongoing event in my home). :sunglasses:

1 Like

tbf only 2 are timegated, still sucks, but sucks one less!

The core issue is time gate. I now have to make sure that I play at the correct time instead of the time I want to play at. This is opposite of player friendly.

1 Like

Grand Hunts aren’t timegated. Soups at an hour and a half but quick to complete the quest are fine but I’d never complain if they made soups more frequent. Dragonbane Keep at two hours and completed ~5 minutes after the hour is annoying and should at least be every hour.

2 Likes

they rotate - it will be a different one next week. It is the siege that was bad since you can only do one character each time it is up. The feast and hunts you can usually get 4 characters done.

The siege needs to start every hour on the weeks it is needed for this quest.

1 Like

I’ve done it on 13 alts but yeah, it kinda sucks.

+1 for this…

every future content piece is on the hour, so idk why they never changed the feast/seige to be on the hour

I THINK Siege might have been hotfixed to be on the hour.

would have been recent, i haven’t seen anything and it was 2hr today

1 Like

I did it today at 5 pm server time on an alt, when it’s only supposed to be up on even hours.
Might have been a bug or something, idk.

1 Like

it’s even hours pst, so if your server is est it’ll be odd server hours

It’s always been even hours here, during the whole day, but it included that 5 pm entry.
It’s not supposed to be up in 6 minutes, so I’ll check and see.