Please bring back ignore poster

Some years ago there was an option to ignore a poster so that any future and past posts would be hidden to my view. This was removed for whatever unknown reason.

I am getting tired of being trolled and trigger attempts. These forums get very toxic and it could seriously use the return of this forum option.

I could not find a forum suggestion subforum to post this in, this is all I could find. Move it please if there is a more appropriate forum.

It’s not a question of “return”. It’s more a matter of “put a feature which has never been in this forum software (Discourse) and the owners/coders of said software are kinda opposed to.”

The basic forum software is a 3rd party product and Blizzard has limited say in what they can ask the developers do with it. I suppose if they wanted to throw corporate levels of money at them, they might, or they might not even then.

These Discourse people seem more about their principles than their business, so if they’re philosophically opposed to ignore capability because it hurts the community in their opinion, it’s an uphill battle for any of their customers to argue otherwise.

1 Like

It has no negative effect on a “community” other than to hopefully reduce toxicity. It wasn’t something I brought up to “discuss” either, it was a suggestion for the Forum operation.

No point arguing with me, I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m only pointing out that it’s more difficult to do what you’re asking for than changing an in-game feature, because Blizzard doesn’t control the code or direct the coders.