Please blizzard

Blizzard is a MURICA company :sunglasses:

1 Like

So record profits don’t mean squat.

Gotcha.

Not to individual workers at the low skilled side of the business, no.

No, I mean to investors…

Record profits aren’t good enough!

Can 800 people too.

:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

I mean, you don’t make good profits bleeding money to people whos positions are no longer required, or are redundant otherwise. What is Blizzard supposed to do? Keep those people employed just so they don’t feel bad?

1 Like

Not to get rid of 8% of your work force the same year the company is having its best year evar.

It shows just how much they value their employees and it’s pretty tacky.

I know a company needs to trim the fat occasionally and all, but to me it seemed a bit excessive to let go of that much of your work force all at once.

It’s the prevailing business practice in the current century. Being employed longer than 4 years with the same company is not the norm now. It’s considered good business practice to lay off 10% of your work force every year.

While I don’t like companies just getting rid of people like that, especially after their earnings reports, they actually didn’t do it because of last year. They were laid off because of this year. This is going to be a down year for them because they have almost no major releases coming out. Blizzard is going to have nothing except for maybe a mobile title and Activision won’t have much beyond Call of Duty.

LOL more like Chinese sellouts.

1 Like

yeah, and? You want to make money right?