Please Blizzard, Don’t Add Vulpera

Developmentally we need more races… like we need more mounts.

I’d be fine with that. Ridiculing warlocks would be saying “Anyone who even enjoys them is an edgelord”. Thats taking someones opinion and just trying to discredit it by being a jerk. You actually have a point! Obviously it wouldn’t work with WoW, but its a valid point. The other aspect is that I feel like there are very few-to-none people who would actually agree with your warlock point, or even care about it in any way, but there are people who feel differently about Vulpera.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying, but I don’t see it from the OP. To each their own though.

Not really.

Taking something away from the game that’s already in it, isn’t quite like adding something to it.

But I gotta educate the uneducated. :yum: Especially when it comes down to mythology. It’s very fascinating stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They have a point in that its a valid opinion. Its not a feasible gameplay decision obviously, but its still a valid opinion.

Opinions are like ***holes.

If they cared about what people said here they would have given us “high elves” instead of void ones, skinny Kul Tirans and Zandalari warlocks.

Or something like this…

I don’t know if we have the subs to keep up with the desires of the masses and the developmental disconnect that’s happening anyways. New races are just a band-aid to distract people from the fact that end game isn’t that great and leveling over and over and over again… is actually fun right?

I always wonder why/how people get offended at cute things…

3 Likes

I would say most people opposed to Vulpera aren’t offended by them, nor do they hate cute things. Its just an issue of proportion. I don’t actively seek out cute things on the internet, like cat videos ect. I enjoy them when I occasionally stumble onto them, but I’m not actively seeking it out. When its constantly being pushed in my face, it gets somewhat aggrivating.

Then don’t play them?

8 Likes

Please add them, so I can kill them mercilessly and /lol

1 Like

Let other people be happy with it OP. If you dont like it, dont do it.

3 Likes

That would obviously be the option that those players choose. Theres no need to act so obvious.
You’re still going to have to see and interact with them on a daily basis. Look at Pandas. I don’t play them but I still have to see them regularly. They don’t hurt my enjoyment of the game, but they are a jarring difference from how I used to percieve WoW and I consider it a slightly negative experience.

If blizzard added a fart cloud allied race to appease the 8 year old audience, could you honestly say you’d be fine with it as long as you dont play it? Or maybe a racist stereotype character to appease racists? You would have no problem seeing them in game?

These are obviously extreme hyperbole, but its the same situation.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I do not care about goblins!
And his aesthetic does not appeal to me, more than his recriminating habits and character and his hunger for profit above all else!

Posting as a Worgen character just seems ironic to me.

3 Likes

Yes, it is extreme hyperbole and not at all equivalent to the subject at hand.

Your argument is the type of argument that ruins MMOs: I don’t like it, therefore you shouldn’t have it.

2 Likes

The opposite of that is, If I like it, I should have it.

Would’nt you say that goes along the lines of Warforge/Titanforge, and the casualification (new word!) of WoW? Blizzard just giving players what they want regardless of how it effects the health of the game?

This discussion isn’t really relevant to what we’re dealing with, as its just aesthetics rather than the core parts of the game, but the point stands.

Maybe those who disagree with Vulpera being added see it as “I don’t like it, and I don’t think it is a positive change for the game”. I’m sure some people are being childish and are acting like you’re saying, but just because one side has some childish people doesn’t mean its wrong.

4 Likes

Well which one is it? If Blizzard only added races that “fit in with WoW” we would never see anything new, content would get stale and it would just get generally boring. This kind of argument is only a few levels above people saying “WoW should only be Orcs and Humans”

4 Likes

Races dont have to be rediculous to be interesting. Ogres, High Elves (Literally elves with different eyes), sethrak (Not a fan personally, but not against them), mechagnomes, ect. They’re all interesting, not jarring, and feel like they belong to the initial vision of the game that 99% of the playerbase shared.

Can you explain this? Not feeling ONE (or two, pandas :P) dont fit in the initial vision of the game means I don’t want any? Pandas are fine in the game, but having them hopping around all over the place just doesn’t feel right. Having a bunch of WHOA THEYRE CUTE BUT ALSO GRRRR foxes is in the same boat.
Somehow that means that I don’t want any of the other races?

Thats an insanely impossible statistic to prove but ok…

And to the other thing, thats why I said “is only a few levels above” hence not saying “this is the same thing as.”

That was a statistic I pulled out my my behind. This isn’t a formal debate :stuck_out_tongue:

I think everyone enjoyed the moment of comic relief when Chen Stormstout showed up in WC3, but I don’t think most people wanted to experience them all over the world.