PLEASE Blizz look into mages in pvp

Mages are BY FAR the least represented dps class in pvp. All three specs. Throughout the history of wow Mages have been one of the most popular classes, especially in pvp. Yet in their current state they are just awful to play, and are undertuned. This has led to many people rerolling.

Mages either need massive dmg buffs, mostly to consistent damage, burst is fine, or they need massive survivability buffs.

Remember when the Mage class had the ability to kite melees and teleport around the map, and this was their unique ability? Well, now that’s been granted to Warlocks which also gives them immunity to snares. Yet, Mages do 1/10th the healing, and half the damage of Warlocks. Why is this the case?!

The frost changes were lowkey nerfs now that healers know how to dispel frost bomb. All those changes did was nerf the rate at which you got fingers of frost during orb.

The Fire pvp talent changes were a net nerf, you still HAVE To run those pvp talents to be competitive.

And Arcane was randomly nerfed (move speed from barrage and Temp shield, an iconic ability btw).

The Mage changes have made absolutely no sense, it leads me to wonder who at Blizz is in charge of these changes, and which melee they main and are hard stuck on?

All around it’s an incredibly sad xpac for mages in pvp, please help.

3 Likes

I want some of what your smoking mages may have outlier’s but for the most part it’s a balanced class. I enjoy mine but good players can counter.

lol , Fernous…you have zero arena games played…don’t have 1550 achieved….please just shhhh, I have 4000 games played this season…and 2500 ss last season…and I don’t even feel qualified to answer since I only play mage… but I feel after this patch we are probably the worst caster, SPs just passed us… only thing that saves us is good synergy with locks and rogues to carry us.

2 Likes

Feels bad playing your heart out, landing tons of CCs, saving your teammates with offensive CCs, counterspelling almost every heal, blast wave and DB interrupts on healer, and still losing because your damage is doing 1/4 of the ret pally who only hits 3 buttons (4 if they have a focus hammer macro, but unlikely). Perhaps mages are particularly bad at solo shuffle, but something has got to give.

And yes I’ve had mutiple games since Tuesday w/ ret pallies complaining to me about my damage. :frowning:

4 Likes

Yeah our tier set bonus plus the orb fof proc nerf feels like a 300-400 ss rating nerf from last season minimum.

1 Like

Meh I play bgblitz at 2k and pretty much poop on anybody besides a dh and a hunter but my lack of accomplishments means my perspective isn’t valid…… gtfo

Blitz is rated PvP?
And poop on anyone with frostbolt spec, come outside org for some duels and let’s see…were there every night from 7-2am, I’d like to see you vs sub rogues, dks, wws, devs, ferals.

Have a good evening sir you already came with some crap talk I don’t wanna be a part of that.

You’re the one who attacked OP for his opinion, and now you’re afraid to show how strong mages are? I mean, come on. lol

1 Like

I never attacked anyone I said I want some of what he’s Smokin. Mages are viable in pvp allllll day long. Have a good day sir/mam

I think the issue is mages used to always be top 3 class like since forever in pvp and now their just not and that’s okay :+1:

1 Like

The game used to be fun. Now, it’s not. And that’s okay.

Yeah frost and fire are bottom 5 dps spec for PvP atm….
If every player played every class, they would be bottom 3…. But most mages are die hard and have years of practice… if a new player came into mage rated PvP, he would have a harder time getting 2200+ than almost any other class, 1600+ even…… most 2400 mages I know are under 2k this season….

1 Like

I personally am enjoying frost way more than BFA & Shadowlands & Legion.

If your fine hovering in the 1600-1900s , losing = not fun for most of us…
Historically 2200 players shouldn’t be hard stuck with challengers…

And that’s why I refuse to play Arena… Refuse… Because of this issue… I rather do random just until I get some type of PVP gear and then jump on Alts just to pass the time…

Mage is one of the most played in pvp frost dk though thats the real most unplayed class because its trash