Please Be More Respectful of Players' Time When Adding New M+ Content

Looking at the latest hotfix notes, I can’t help but facepalm over the high number of huge nerfs made to Tazavesh:

It’s great that nerfs are being made and all, but why did it take this long and why are the nerfs so large?

When I see this, as a player it feels like this dungeon was a total afterthought and not properly tested. These sorts of nerfs show (or at least feel like) that the dungeon was essentially put into the M+ rotation half-broken, and who knows how many keys or how much player time was wasted as a result.

Please, please be more mindful and respectful of players’ time and make sure dungeons/raids aren’t released in a state that doesn’t require nerfs of this scale. We understand bugs happen, but something like this can’t keep happening.

3 Likes

Because they needed the statistics before they made decisions and because timing it was an issue.

It was a Mythic mega dungeon with M+ slapped onto it. So… yep, it basically was an afterthought. And nothing is ever properly tested with this company now.

I don’t know, the dungeon itself felt and looked great to me. All of their “mega-dungeon” projects have been pretty good, actually.

Numbers can always be adjusted later.

The (keystone) dungeon came out this week, didn’t it…?

2 Likes

PTR for 9.2 came out over three months ago, didn’t it?

4 Likes

i think not all dungeons are good for M+. Megadungeons certainly arent. dont force them. if one or two arent right for M+, dont make them M+. it’s cool.

2 Likes

Agreed that megadungeons really don’t have a place with M+. Shoehorning M+ onto a megadungeon defeats the purpose IMO.

Gear that isn’t weaker than catchup gear should drop from these megadungeons as well to make them/keep them relevant.

1 Like

These things will happen with the blazing pace they’re pushing out content.

Murloc runners and explosive could use a look see as well.

creating a different type of 5man (mega vs regular) would be the big brain play here.

1 Like

More nerfs coming too. The dungeon was way overtuned

same thing happened with mecha when it split to become mythic + content. They do testing but sometimes they need to see how the average player tests content when its live.
Also ngl this weeks affixes are an absolute punishing combo.
Any new mythic + always has a few tweaks and blances put in. It happens, its being addressed.

They would be like just sha up and give me your money :sunglasses:

One patch per year I hope this is sarcasm

I suggest many watches this animie. It hits home how cluelessness can end a game. Full Dive: This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even … than Real Life!

Not at all, although it is curious how these things get by the high paid professional QA staff on the bug report forums.

1 Like

Have you tried all this nonsense in a +10? I did and my group could barely complete it.

1 Like

You have answered your own question.

LOLwut?

In terms of blizzard nerfing OP stuff in M+, this is pretty fast. It took them an entire expansion to nerf the spit gold dot in KR to be only slightly overtuned.

1 Like

I’ll post a quote from Riot about league here, so the numbers might be off, but the concept still applies:

“New champions get more testing in the 1st 2 hours of being live than an entire 2 week PBE cycle.”

The numbers are a bit different because of shorter turn around time for League, but I feel confident that the concept still applies in WoW.

Two weeks vs 3+ months is a bit of a difference. Then you have other studios that purely test their content internally and manage to release it in a functional state.

1 Like

the taz dungeons were universally reviewed as way overtuned in ptr. the information they needed was out there, they just didn’t act on it. maybe they just ran out of time, who knows?

edit: most people i know didn’t even bother touching these wings yet.

1 Like