Please ban Key Repeaters like ISBoxer for Mulitboxing

First let me say, I am not asking for Blizzard to ban multiboxers. I am asking them to ban software that allows you to press one key and then the software presses keys or starts macros on any other instances of WoW you have running via that software (like the software ISBoxer).

I don’t see how this is not automating gameplay. It allows the multi boxer to move characters or have them all preform different actions based on how they have it setup.

I would really love to not have someone using this software to farm up guild banks full of rare mounts (yes, if you watch their streams, they have tabs full of rare mounts and mats). This just drives down the price and drives out normal players from the markets. It also so allows them to fully control markets on servers.

Blizzard please ban keystroke repeating software in WoW. And nerf the hyper spawns, no mob should spawn fast enough that they can kill it over 6 to 8k times in a hour…

Here is ISBoxer: isboxer com
Here is an example of someone using it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nyuclgYJDI

Few features of ISBoxer.

You can setup rotations for each character you are playing!

So you can press the 1 key and…

Character 1 uses the A keybind
Character 2 uses the B keybind
Character 3 uses the C keybind
Character 4 uses the D keybind
Character 5 uses the E keybind
Character 6 uses the F keybind
Character 7 uses the G keybind
Character 8 uses the 4 keybind
Character 9 uses the 6 keybind
Character 10 uses the 7 keybind

Those one click one key right…
The next press presses different keys on those other accounts…

150 Likes

as I understand it, keystroke repeating is already against the rules.

9 Likes

I dont know enough about multi boxing to say anything lol

It isn’t sadly.

2 Likes

eh, I’m pretty sure it would fall under automation.

isboxer on it’s own isn’t a violation of the tos, but using it to automate keystrokes (ie, press buttons when you’re not actually at your keyboard - bot) would absolutely be against the ToS and a bannable offense.

kind of like… we can have keyboards that have macro functionality. not against the rules to have a fancy keyboard…but if we USE that macro functionality and get caught, we get banned/suspended.

14 Likes

automate yes. clone keystrokes no.

9 Likes

Maybe I can help explain why I think Acti / Blizz doesn’t consider key cloning a form of automation. Please rememebr this is not official, but just my opinion.

Acti / Blizz has an issue with anything that causes the game to play itself. Botting. The ability to play a game and run a script and the game plays itself with next to no player interaction.

Acti / Blizz doesn’t have any issue with key cloning, because the game is not playing itself anymore than someone going afk. The game requires the player to play the game even if there is key cloning involved.

14 Likes

They won’t because that software has existed forever and they have already said they are ok with it.

8 Likes

Because they’re pressing every single key, duh.

You could do the exact same thing with multiple computers and a splitter and you’ll never detect or block that.

16 Likes

Posting in yet another multiboxing thread.

40 Likes

Blame the OS (Windows) instead of the key clonning software. Warden only monitorize all content in the sandboxed windows, and the software work in complicity with Windows. That’s why can’t detect and ban this Method.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t care because it isn’t against the rules.

13 Likes

It’s in a grey area. Have multiple accounts is not against the rules, but botting is.

3 Likes

Right? Cause they haven’t beat this dead horse enough even though Blizz has told them to shove it.

10 Likes

No, it is not a gray area. Multiboxers are not botting. They are pressing every key but just duplicating it to other windows. Blizzard has stated outright that it is NOT against the rules.

22 Likes

It’s definitely in a grey area. It isn’t explicitly forbidden but I doubt Blizzard cares because it makes them a lot more money than they would have if key-cloning was outright bannable.

3 Likes

Yep, multibox ≠ botting

2 Likes

Nope. They’ve said outright it’s ok.

8 Likes

how is this a grey area?

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. We do not support multiboxing tools.

Without further investigation my guess is that since they didn’t write the coding for the software, this would be why they don’t support the software used. Since if something bad ever did happen, they would be held accountable for supporting it.

10 Likes

That’s the difference.