Please allow normal flying in War Within on Day 1

No completely necessary for you whack-jobs.

Whomst is a whack-job? And why exactly? :thinking:

Who knows, It’s probably projecting

The people who have been whining non-stop about dragon flying since DF dropped. They finally iterated and improved the god awful glorified swimming flight that they had and implemented something that’s more fun, more engaging, and faster. And the group of people who have been whining since then fall squarely in the camp of “change bad hur de durr”

1 Like

Subjective.

2 Likes

Oh then you’re talking about me.

I posted this thread a while back about old world flying. My concern in THIS thread is merely one of personal preference, the thread is a request, not a suggestion or demand.

But my assertion in the other thread is based on people physically having a lack of capability to dragonride “dynamic fly” AT ALL.

But just to be clear, I both enjoy and prefer dragon flying, it’s more fun, faster and cooler. But I just would like both, which is why I am asking if we can have both at the beginning of War Within.

Can I ask, what about any of this makes me (or anyone sharing my opinion) a “whack job?”

2 Likes

I dislike the fact that he quoted me, whom is a black character with a red wig. Racist?

You don’t like flying, using a ground mount would your preferred playstyle. You could still choose to use a ground mount for a lot of the time but you just choose not to.

1 Like

Static flight
BC flight
Reg flight
Normal flight

All of the above can be said without sounding bitter and condescending.

1 Like

youtu.be/xPqZ7LSGjSU?si=_x8bNTn2Swb0JpXC&t=2175

Ion called it TBC flying at blizzcon

1 Like

So how does being unable to use dragonriding to reach content that is mandatory for leveling not interfere with completing that content? I guess you’ve got some kind of agenda that involved only players who have mastered dragonriding counting, and other players just need to get over it and keep paying for your content.

Because not only is content always timegated, this falls within the description we have been given. I know you want to err on the side of “they would never leave out a critical detail, and every feature announced will be exactly as my imagination has filled in the gaps”.

Just as above, where you said that after reaching max level normal flying will be instantaneous, which means that leveling content that requires dragonriding will block normal flying and much expansion content for players who can’t use it.

It’s not much different from Shadowlands development, where when players said they didn’t like the idea of being locked to a covenant for an entire expansion and being less than optimal in any but 1 type of content and 1 role only, they were told over and over again that it wasn’t necessary to choose a covenant and wouldn’t interfere with gameplay.

2 Likes

Last I checked nobody is asking for dragon riding to be removed. People just want options. Both forms of flying can coexist and I honestly prefer it that way. I’ve liked dragon riding since launch but I also like static flying as well. You seem to be very worked up over something that doesn’t affect you at all.

6 Likes

I never said instantaneous, I said same day. In the same way that when we dinged max level in Shadowlands we couldn’t actually do anything until we’d seen prince renethal fail to defeat denathrius and done the torghast scenario. Something we could do the same day we hit max level, and took at max an hour or so.

I haven’t read any of your posts in this thread but I am curious, if upon zoning into the first War Within zone, players can both dynamically fly, and “static” fly at-will. Do you care? Do you say “cool, people have options” or do you go “no, I dislike this.”

Those are my only two (Now three) posts in this thread. I’ll also be putting it on mute after this one.

Do I care? No.

So what are you and that other person even debating over? :thinking:

Press x to doubt

Doubt [XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]

TBC flying allows manipulation of the questing experience in a way the developers think will leave players with an overall less satisfying experience than they would have with the less precise dragonriding. For example, with dragonriding people aren’t realistically going to be able to take off and land rapidly to manipulate mob aggro/resets so they can loot a quest item or aggro only one specific mob. Figuring out what is going to give players the best experience is tough, I know people want to say “then just give ME the options” but in reality if an option is exploitable to drastically raise efficiency then everyone will be compelled to choose it even if its not fun. This is really only a call the Devs can make (though I do agree with them in this case).

2 Likes

Nah, you just have no clue what I’m even saying.

This isn’t even a conversation, it’s just you putting words in my mouth.