Please adjust the season 4 gladiator cutoff

My 2v2 arena team on the oceanic bracket was the last team outside of the cut-off for gladiator. Out of the 17 gladiator spots we came 18th. Towards the end of the season, we became aware of the fact that a team above us had been win trading which we assumed would result in them being disqualified and pushing us up inside the cut-off for gladiator. When the season ended not only did this team get disqualified, but another team above us was also disqualified. These disqualifications meant that our team was now the 16th team on the ladder making us eligible for the gladiator rewards.

As the season rewards were distributed, I checked my mailbox only to find nothing. I checked my title, and it said Duelist. These disqualified teams have been left on the ladder and are taking up legitimate gladiator spots. This would be like a steroid user winning gold in the 100metre and being caught but no one receives the gold medal. In theory every single gladiator spot on the ladder could be taken up by a cheater and once they were to get disqualified no one would end up getting gladiator. I know this issue only effects a small number of players but if you knew the amount of time and effort it took to push high rating in arena you would handle the distribution of rewards more thoroughly.

23 Likes

i agree with this statement blizzard should defiantly investigate these issues more take a look at the teams banned and the teams who deserve glad because of those bans.

1 Like

I thought it was strange that a warr/shaman we beat in mirrors most of the time at 2-2.1 suddenly got glad… especially into the plethora of RMs on oceanic.

Hope you get justice, but I really doubt Blizz will do anything beyond the bare minimum (absolutely nothing) to help you.

In any sport globally, if a team has anyone that is cheating the whole team gets DQ’d.

Same thing has happened with the 3v3 bracket. 2/3 of the wintraders banned and the team still sits there with 1 person.

Makes 0 sense but that’s just blizzard being incompetent and not actually doing their jobs.

Do you expect anything different? lol

3 Likes

Yea blizzard should investigate that team and the other teams with banned players take a closer look and fix this issue.

Butterchikn u cant even play arena as a level 59 rogue

2 Likes

Bumping for blue replie this should be fixed.

Bumping for blue reply these teams should be 100% looked at by GM’s. Investigate this matter and handout bans/arena awards properly.

Indeed a proper investigation should be undertaken.

kevc acting sus lately

Blease fix Blizzard

I don’t PvP, but even I think it’s ridiculous that a team can be DQ’d yet the next team outside the winners bracket doesn’t get advanced.

This is the sort of thing making people feel that classic is just a subscriber trap with little effort put into monitoring and maintaining the game.

Please look into this Blizzard.

i noticed that too

Gay if read

Fix the standings and give the man his rewards

I am curious how it is that you are even able to know this information? How do you know it was 16 or 17 teams? How do you know that the team above yours was win trading? How are you gaining this information in order to be making assertions about it? Do high ranking teams all join a discord and talk about it or something? How do you know this stuff?

1 Like

Well we have access to a lot of information through websites such as ironforge. They show statistics such as ranking, win/loss ratio, games played, and dates played. I only have knowledge of one team win trading the other team I can not comment on.

The win trading team went from having a 50% win/loss ratio at 2k rating for several seasons to being almost undefeated at 2400+ rating. This is highly unusual considering the comp they were playing (warrior/shaman) is not a particularly strong comp, especially on the oceanic ladder which has a high presence of snipers and comps that hard counter warrior shaman. In my experience, and from what I have heard from other players who have faced this team is that they were very average players at best. Their is also evidence of the shaman 1v2ing at 2400+ rating.

posting in support that blizzard shows us some love. In the same situation.

Bump
/10characters

Waiting on my mount blizzard